William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide
ABOUT THE TEAM:
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research, build and/or update financial models and other statistical data for use in the formulation of security analysis.
- Prepare internal and external written reports, notes, and other documents to communicate investment ideas, research, news events and opinions regarding security analysis.
- Visit companies, attend conferences and other relevant events. Build and maintain relationships with company executives, prepare records and files to develop and maintain sources of information to assist in analysis activities.
- Answer inquiries from customers, personnel of the firm and the general public regarding individual securities or industry groups.
- Identify and formulate new investment ideas, and issue opinions and recommendations to clients on securities and companies in one or more industry groups targeted to follow, in order to generate new business activity.
- Participate in other projects as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree required with concentration in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of two-three years related work experience.
- CFA, CPA, or technical designation preferred.
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- Strong accounting and financial statement analysis skills.
- Capable of building computer generated financial models.
- Delivers clear, effective verbal and written communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- Proficient in Internet searches and Microsoft Office products.
- Practical and capable of simplifying and summarizing complex information.
- Commits to satisfying internal and external customers.
- Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 must be obtained within first 180 days.
As a William Blair associate, you’ll enjoy Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, along with a generous profit sharing program that includes a 401K plan in addition to a firm contribution. We also offer three weeks of vacation, flexible spending accounts, a business casual dress code, a 75% discounted commissions on trades, and discounts at restaurants, museums, parks and retailers.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.