Advisory Research Investment Management, headquartered in Chicago, manages and advises more than $7.9 billion in assets in markets where we have deep expertise. Strategies managed include U.S. value and growth, international value, global equity, MLP and energy infrastructure, and alternatives. We offer separate account management as well as several mutual funds to U.S. institutional and intermediary investors. Advisory Research, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Piper Jaffray Companies.
We are currently seeking an equity analyst to join our growth style investment team in Chicago. Our team executes a well-defined investment process developed over 25 years. We invest in public companies and build portfolios that feature rapidly growing companies. At the center of our process framework is a holistic view of stock attractiveness featuring an assessment of business trends, competitive advantage, valuation and technical behavior with particular emphasis on the dynamics that occur in demand trends and competitive advantage.
- Work in partnership with team members and portfolio manager to conduct company and industry research
- Research the competitive positioning and business conditions of companies by reviewing corporate transcripts, filings and sell side reports
- Meet with management teams and industry experts
- Articulate company vital traits and conditions to portfolio managers
- Create and maintain financial models
- With demonstrated understanding of the team’s process and ability to identify key aspects over time, this person may gain additional responsibility in the investment process
- The analyst role is demanding and fast-paced, requiring organization and the ability to work independently
- Enthusiasm for innovation and rapid change is required
- Outstanding communication, written and speaking skills required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or relevant investment experience preferred
Candidates should submit an application that includes their resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position and suitability to our team and investment style. In addition, include one page summaries of two stocks you like and why.