Our technology teams are responsible for the bank’s entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank’s business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank’s IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered – but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you’ll constantly be looking ahead. We’ll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Equities Electronic Trading Application Support
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany’s leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
The Global Equity Trading (GET) low touch technology support team provides an end to end support service for all Equity Electronic Trading suit of applications. A follow the Sun model is in place with local teams based in London, New York, Singapore, Sydney providing a 24×5½ service. Being the primary contact point for all electronic trading platforms production issues, the team has high exposure to and works with the Front Office Business teams on a daily basis.
Main Function of the Job
As part of the NY Support Level 2 team, you are require to investigate and resolve user and system generated issues across all the current Production systems in a timely manner, both for local and global users and systems, to reduce and manage the impact of system and application issues affecting the relevant Business Units, Front Office / trading being the top priority.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Primary activities are:
- Support all GET applications
- Incident Management & Problem Management
- Continual Service Management Process Improvement
- Disaster Recovery Planning & Testing
L2 user support:
- Investigate application-related system and user requests, resolve or coordinate resolution of issues. Efficient in communication with traders, strong understanding of business language and business workflows would be needed
- Work with all facets of Infrastructure, Vendor, & External teams on issues requiring deeper investigation, coordinate resolution and provide feedback to users
- Good understanding of SDLC & Agile
- Handle locally raised high priority incident tickets and own timely and consistent communication with the Trading Floor users
- Actively drive the resolution of high impact incidents on our services (including coordination of the incident bridge calls, escalation via IT hierarchy as appropriate)
- Work with members of the team and developers for prompt resolution. Updating knowledge base as appropriate after incident is resolved to reduce recovery time
- On-call support could be required on a rota basis both during the week and at weekends
- Ownership of problem tickets that have been raised for your application set
- Provide resolution for open problems or ensure that the appropriate parties have been tasked with doing so and are progressing
Continual Service Management Process Improvement & Reporting
In the area of service quality and management, the role will involve:
- Identify process improvements in the regional and global support models and assist in implementation
- Communicate outages to business and IT teams
- Work with project managers on the introduction and supportability of new services and systems
- Produce MIS on the overall quality of services
- Follow up and resolve issues of poor service quality
- Degree Level- IT / Business Specific
Competencies, Skills and Knowledge: (Specific product knowledge/PC skills/languages etc)
Strong technical and business knowledge in the disciplines mentioned below are a pre-requisite, as well as excellent analytical reasoning and practical decision making, combined with an ability to communicate across a broad range of business functions and at all levels of the organization.
- L2 support experience
- Stakeholder and people management skills
- Business knowledge of Equity markets/flow & experience with eTrading platforms
- Strong technical & working knowledge of Linux, Databases (Oracle and/or Sybase), Perl/Python (any other scripting knowledge is acceptable), & Agile
- Equities Flow/Business knowledge
- DevOps and any work done towards that is a plus
- Experience supporting Equities electronic trading in Investment Banking
- Knowledge of customer platforms and inter-dealer broker markets, understanding of market connectivity and publish/subscribe technologies
Role is front office facing. Looking for someone with experiencing supporting equities electronic trading applications eg: Algo’s, SOR, Fix connectivity (client & market), DarkPools, Ultra Low Latency environments, CoLo (Co-location offering) along with knowledge of Market Data feed/s consumption etc.
There is often a great deal of urgency associated with resolving incidents and you need to be able to prioritize proactively when resource conflicts arise:
- Temperament to work under pressure in a fast moving production environment
- Confident in dealing with senior members of Front office, other business functions and IT management
- Ability to liaise with both Business and IT users in a clear manner
- Strong communication & problem ownership skills and attitude
For candidates applying for positions in the US: