The Enterprise Risk Oversight (ERO) Function supports the Bank’s ability to effectively balance risk and reward in formulating and executing its strategy. ERO leads the implementation of the Bank’s risk management framework and the Bank’s risk tolerance program. The function is responsible for providing independent risk assessment and risk oversight of the Bank’s strategic risks, reputational risks and key enterprise risks as well as assessing the strength of the Bank’s risk culture. ERO also leads the independent assessment and risk oversight of the Bank’s critical business area’s risk profile and risk management practices. The Function supports the Bank’s Chief Risk Officer, Risk Subcommittee, Audit and Risk Committee of the Board of Directors, and Bank-wide risk management councils and forums.
Risk Analysis and Assessment:
- Apply knowledge of risk principles to develop timely analytical reports that include dashboards and written interpretations of findings.
- Assemble and analyze information from various sources such as risk assessments, audit reports, interviews, industry white papers and research, documented practices, strategies, and mitigation activities.
- Conduct risk assessments of the Bank’s critical business areas’ strategies, project proposals, and funding and resource requests.
- Prepare presentations and briefings on the Bank’s risk, issues and trends for senior management.
- Work with team to develop risk management guidance for the first line of defense.
- Work with other second line practitioners to analyze and improve risk indicators.
- Work with colleagues and the Bank technology unit to develop requirements and an approach to integrate, simplify, and automate risk reporting processes.
- Create status reports for management on the function’s initiatives and deliverables, including risks to meeting the desired outcomes.
- Coordinate and facilitate development of procedures and process maps for function’s repeatable processes.
- Manage and execute ad hoc projects and assignments, leveraging ERO, Risk Group, and Bank staff as required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills when communication with people at all levels within the organization.
- Strong organization and self-management skills to work independently and effectively manage multiple projects, competing priorities and prioritize demands to deliver timely, high quality work product.
- Detail oriented and proven ability to learn and apply new information quickly.
- Proven ability to proactively manage projects, including designing and carrying out a plan of action(s), communicating to relevant stakeholders and executing with appropriate engagement across Groups.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to successfully analyze issues, and arrive at sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and experience in using advanced techniques to develop dashboards and data visualizations is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field; Master’s degree a plus.
- Generally, a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; prior work in risk management, enterprise risk analysis, compliance, audit and/or public policy.