Cadre is looking for an Investor Relations Director who will be responsible for developing and growing our client base within the wealth management channel. You will be the lead sales role (i.e. external wholesaler) covering a geographic territory and managing client development within that region. You will partner with the broader Investor Relations team to manage and grow a client base through in-person meetings, conferences, seminars and proactive outreach via email, webcasts, etc.
This role will encompass aspects traditionally assigned to a product specialist and in many cases you will be expected to stand in as de facto portfolio manager when meeting with wealth management clients.
Additional responsibilities include various aspects of client service, including operational support where necessary, marketing review and input, content creation and potential long-term strategic initiatives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
GROW NETWORK AND DRIVE CONVERSION OF WEALTH MANAGEMENT CLIENTS
- Prospect the wealth management, RIA and family office community to grow client base
- Drive client meetings and maintain sales rotation within these channels
- Create and maintain an active pipeline of prospects
- Introduce existing network to Cadre, utilizing the team where necessary
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing team to support prospecting and sales efforts
- Play a key role in growing an industry-leading commercial real estate investment platform
ENHANCE CADRE’S MARKET PRESENCE
- Identify and attend industry events to generate investor leads and reinforce Cadre brand
- Grow your personal and professional network through in-market business development, conference attendance and other avenues
- Regular and consistent research on the latest market best practices and trends
- Contribute to ongoing production and refinement of marketing content
ENSURE CLIENT SATISFACTION
- Strengthen and support relationships with Cadre’s existing clients
- Coordinate with internal team to expertly respond to and address client questions
- Identify at-risk clients and employ best efforts to maintain relationships
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 5-10 years of related experience in wealth management, financial sales or services in alternative investments, preferably real estate
- Track record of closing clients into illiquid alternative investment or real estate products
- Existing book of business you believe is portable to Cadre, particularly in the RIA, MFO or SFO space.
- Real estate / alts market knowledge
- Clear and concise communication with a natural ability to ask for and close the sale
- Interpersonal skills that encourage openness and trust both internally and externally
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, adaptable to business fluctuations, work comfortably in group settings, persuasive and charismatic individual
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well against demanding deadlines
- High on integrity, grit, growth mindset, and compassion
- Strong customer orientation, empathy for your target client and your co-workers, collaborative sales approach
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system
- High willingness to travel