The New York Stock Exchange (an Intercontinental Exchange company) is seeking a Director, Technology Capital Markets to join the Capital Markets team in California. The primary responsibility of the individual in this position will be to attract companies to list and admit their securities to trading on the NYSE markets and for promoting NYSE Group product offerings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for managing, leading and driving primary markets across Technology, HCIT and Fintech companies
- Building on NYSE Group’s brand by developing and implementing origination and CRM strategies to identify and address target companies.
- Calling upon senior officials and advisors of prospect companies to deliver messages structured to influence and motivate companies to list on the NYSE.
- Arranging and hosting in-house meetings with tours of the Trading Floor for prospects
- Developing strong partnerships with VC, legal, bankers and other capital markets professionals, directors and other investors/advisers who play a key role in determining listing decisions.
- Leading or supporting the management, coordination and planning of seminars, conferences and other origination activity in the region. This includes creating and delivering senior management briefing documents, listings pitches, speeches, industry event content, etc.
- Representing NYSE Group, on an as needed basis, in listed company meetings, conferences and programs to establish contacts with prospect companies.
- Helping the West Coast listings team successfully:
- Support companies during the listing process as they move through eligibility and application stages.
- Develop statistical studies and presentations in preparation for and as follow-up to prospect company meetings.
- Maintain required call reports, territory status reports and prospect company information files.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Graduate Degree preferred.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience, including significant experience with C-level and Board executives.
- Strong Sales leadership background in developing sales metrics and a disciplined sales methodology.
- Experience in investment banking, consulting, venture capital, familiarity with private equity preferred.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and logistical skills.
- Strong presentational skills with audiences of all sizes.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and experience in interfacing with senior management.
- Ability and drive to operate both independently and as part of the broader team.
- Familiarity with financial principles and practices.