Yelp is looking for a Director, Talent Development to join our People Operations team. The person who takes this role will play a key role in shaping and managing our learning and development approach and set our framework around manager expectations and development that will ultimately help drive strategic business goals.
The Director will demonstrate strong consultative, relationship building, interpersonal and influence skills, and will be effective at quickly establishing credibility and developing working relationships with others. This hands-on role will need to be able to flex from strategic to tactical work depending on priorities and needs and apply strong leadership and coaching skills to build and develop talent within the L&D team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- L&D framework, strategy and execution for Yelp’s 6000 employees with an initial emphasis on creating an overall forward looking manager/leadership development onboarding program and roadmap
- Define, design and execute scalable and consistent individual contributor and manager experiences through the creation and delivery of learning journeys that promote development and engagement
- Design, develop and implement learning strategies that include solutions to address specific organizational gaps and development needs
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Engineering and Product to deliver cohesive Baseline + Functional training, effective new manager onboarding and on-going reinforcement
- Oversee and administer our LMS (Intellum/Exceed), prioritizing projects, access, a seamless experience for users, and improved efficiencies for employees.
- Differentiate Yelp’s learning model by identifying and executing creative and scalable learning technology solutions. Forecast needs, including investments or enhancements to technology
- Originate a home-grown and culturally appropriate Leadership Development programming across the continuum of managers: Preparing to Lead, New Manager Training, Experienced Manager Training and Senior Leadership Development
- Manage through organizational change initiatives, identifying opportunities for on-time training interventions and new leader enablement tools.
- Contribute to the design, delivery, and measurement of a leadership effectiveness initiative. Create a feedback loop with Executive Leaders and Senior Management and our People Business Partners
- Create efficiencies and consistent experiences between Yelp’s onboarding and the functional onboarding programs; create strong working relationships with senior leaders across Engineering and Sales organizations to do so.
- Evolve the current L&D onboarding program to enhance the learner experience and support changing business objectives.
- Work across People functions to drive a holistic new hire training processes that serve as the foundation for the employee and manager experience. Ensure partnership between HR Tech + HRIS to anticipate system enhancements and identify learning opportunities.
- Build an enterprise-wide learning culture through the design and implementation of training deliverables, from learning objectives to modalities to tone.
- Manage the instructional and creative design function; Encourage new and creative technology, themes, and tools for training a diverse and dispersed employee populaton; Aim for creative ideas with an iterative approach.
- Serve as a facilitator across training programs and for Leadership teams
- 8 – 10 years in Learning & Development and/or Organization Development
- Experience in building and managing training teams, infrastructure, and training programs where growth and change are the constants.
- Experience working within a matrix organization; track record of successfully collaborating cross-functionally with teams such as Product, Operations, Sales .
- Experience and proficiency launching and/or working with Learning Management Systems (ie. Cornerstone).
- Experience evaluating, selecting, and implementing Learning Management Software, Webex and virtual learning course design
- Has a passion for Learning & Development and a respect for the discipline and art of organization development; Experience in organizational design and effectiveness is a plus.
- Understands adult learning theory and basic instructional design concepts; can apply concepts for maximum audience engagement and effectiveness; can measure learning outcomes and business results; Can “roll up sleeves” and design/contribute to ILT or vILT programs as needed
- Possesses superior verbal and written communication skills; Excellent proficiency in PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Uses data and insights to craft meaningful and professional executive-level communications
- Is a master facilitator with motivational, high-impact facilitation style
- Has strong interpersonal skills; Leads by example; Enjoys working with others in a collaborative, social environment; Effective at building and maintaining strong relationships
- Has a passion for excellence; attention to detail is critical to success
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Some travel may be required.
- Stay current on developments and innovations in training and education in our industry so that Yelp’s training remains relevant
- Vendor Management experience
- Professional Qualifications or related certifications such as coaching , behavioral assessments
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.