At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is hiring an experienced Internal Audit Director of Technology and Analytics to help our VP of Finance Strategy and Internal Audit Senior Director build the inaugural Internal Audit team at Lyft. This role will report to the VP of Finance Strategy and partner with the Senior Director and senior leaders across the company, like the CTO, CISO, Head of Information and Analytics and Head of IT as well as our external auditors. You will have the chance to help shape our governance, risk management and assurance over IT and technology, and will help the Internal Audit team leverage available data analytics resources to innovate our audit approaches.
- Under the initial direction of the VP of Finance Strategy, who is currently acting as the company’s chief audit executive, oversee our Internal Audit Technology and Analytics function, including
- Providing advice, guidance and project management support to the company and its SOX PMO function with respect to SOX-readiness and management’s assessment of IT or technology internal controls over financial reporting
- Providing independent assessment and testing over IT and technology controls and processes that impact financial reporting
- Providing advisory and assurance services to management and the Audit Committee over other technology and security risk management, policies, processes and controls
- Partnering with other compliance and risk management functions to enhance governance, risk management and compliance in a fast-paced but highly regulated environment where the technology platform is our product
- Partnering with other internal audit team members to provide audit support and a comprehensive view of risks, processes and controls including the impact of systems and technology
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Technology, Finance, Computer Science or other relevant fields; advanced degree a significant plus
- 10+ years experience in audit or compliance-related roles; significant leadership over an internal audit function desirable
- 5+ years in financial audit, IT/technology audit, or other related experience in a SOX-compliant environment
- Work in a pre-IPO company, technology platform company, or dynamic industries with a significant regulatory requirements (e.g., financial services) a differentiator
- Proven track record of building and growing technology audit teams
- Evidence of leading or implementing analytics and automation into audit solutions
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to discuss technical concepts with engineering, CISO, CTO and others, yet explain technical concepts to other stakeholders in a simple but informative manner
- Ability to develop department priorities that support the Internal Audit charter and stakeholder expectations
- Ability to develop the technology and analytics components of the audit plan, allocate resources, and monitor progress against plan
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.