Specialty sales sits within the Global Equities Distribution organization and is largely responsible for developing new business relationships with selected target accounts, determining which products best meet client’s needs and developing new approaches to meet those clients’ needs. It is the nexus of research, sales, sales trading, trading and capital markets requiring a mix of those skill sets which allows for a breadth of exposure in the specialty sales space. The specialist should have or will need to develop a deep understanding of a particular sector and related stocks and what drives those business and resulting share price performances, for the benefit of both internal and external clients’ perspectives. For external clients this means helping leverage long term research ideas for clients as well as provide positioning and trading views for shorter term trades. For internal clients this means sharing insights and expert knowledge across the business to support colleagues and maximize revenue opportunities.
Specialty Sales knowledge and idea generation contributes directly to our Global Equities client franchise.
- The Specialists’ daily interaction with hedge funds and long-only clients allows them to provide invaluable insight on how investor sentiment on stocks is changing. This assists the trading desk position itself for flow in the market and day to day management of stock inventories for clients
- Working very closely with relevant Research Analysts to market our best ideas to paying clients
- Single stock derivatives team leverage specialist sales conviction calls particularly around timing and events and to offer clients ways of improving their returns.
- Driving Strong partnership with Trading and have a Revenue impact across products -> Cash, Derivatives & Synthetic.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills are required
- Capable of working effectively both independently and with multiple teams/individuals
- Well-developed numerate skills and a good understanding of macro-and micro-economics
- Client and Internal Marketing, sales, communication skills (oral & written)
- Good systems knowledge (Bloomberg, Excel etc)
- Ability to work in a dynamic trading floor environment with colleagues across Research, Sales and Trading
- Currently operating at a Director level, servicing clients and providing leadership to team.
Posting Date: 12/18/2018
New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER, ONE BRYANT PARK,
– United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift