Canopy Growth has already pushed the industry forward in Canada, and now we’re looking to do the same in the United States. Our mission to be the No. 1 hemp company in the U.S. means we need incredible people to join us and help break down barriers.
With millions of square feet of licensed production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth is the largest legal producer of hemp in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index.
Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth. We are excited to be expanding to the United States, and want to continue hiring a diverse group of people in our American offices.
The Director, Engineering, reporting to the VP, Operations, will be a crucial player within Canopy. This individual will be a detail-oriented leader, who possesses strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with numerous teams. The successful candidate must exhibit strong problem-solving skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Support all Canopy engineering activities including design, development, production and testing.
- Discuss and lay out project specifications. Plan work, estimate timeline and cost and help management team prioritizing.
- Review, approve, or modify product designs.
- Oversee budgets, bids, and contracts.
- Review and recommend contracts for equipment and machines.
- Improve manufacturing processes in terms of throughput, quality and productivity.
- Develop overall concepts for production equipment of new and innovative products.
- Develop and oversees a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep engineering projects on schedule and on budget.
- Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards around engineering activities.
- Bachelor’s degree of engineering and P.Eng certification.
- 5-10 years of managerial experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.