SVB is looking for a seasoned FX professional to expand our FX e-trading offering and help lead SVB’s electronic trading business into a new phase with cutting edge technology to enhance client experience and drive increased efficiency in a scalable fashion.
As a leader, this individual will play a key role in guiding the onboarding of new technology and be a key member of a team that is tasked with delivering exceptional electronic execution, building deep internal and external partnerships, and optimizing liquidity and risk management. This team player will be an instrumental voice in the development and deployment of SVB’s FX vision to deliver excellence across all of the client segments that we service.
This position will combine elements of business, product and process management, technology implementation, business strategy, thought leadership, new product and market development, and compliance.
- In collaboration with the trading manager and the rest of the FX team, deliver on the value proposition of a seamless and superior client experience and drive growth in FX revenue globally
- In collaboration with our FX Product Team, help us onboard and leverage cutting edge next generation technology for FX Aggregation, API and ERP Integration, Global Low Value Payments and Electronic Risk Advisory capabilities
- Partner with our Trading & Advisory teams to efficiently deliver a full range of FX products, global payment strategies and best in class FX risk management solutions to corporate, private equity and other client segments.
- Build deep partnerships with external vendors and liquidity providers in the electronic FX space
- Identify, develop and launch new growth opportunities including but not limited to products, channels and electronic platforms
- Collaborate with the FX Trading, Product, Operations Managers and Technology Partners to drive continuous product improvements
- Design and build a scalable infrastructure to process/deliver FX payment and risk management services
- Connect regularly with stakeholders from other parts of the Bank to drive thought leadership and execute business plans
- As a senior member of the FX team, meet all compliance and regulatory requirements which includes keeping up-to-date on domestic / international regulatory items and work with internal compliance/legal to ensure SVB is current on all requirements
- Spearhead the development of a comprehensive set of e-FX trading desk procedures and processes
Skills and Requirements
- FX market expert with 5 years+ FX electronic trading and/or platform experience.
- Significant e-FX experience with deep understanding of client facing FX tools (price discovery, execution, workflow and post trade) and electronic trading/aggregation platforms.
- Experience working on teams in an atmosphere of trust, cooperation and open communication
- Demonstrated ability to develop, motivate, attract, and retain talent to ensure continued delivery of business objectives
- Solid understanding of End to End FX/Global Payment workflows
- Strong technical skills in foreign exchange and global payments that will help drive creative solutions and new products to meet the needs of our clients.
- Technical insight to guide and implement structural and procedural changes that will make it easier for clients to execute online FX trades with SVB.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills with a passion to get things done; a self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Experience managing or building a business or business segment is preferred.
- Familiarity with Wall Street Systems is a value add.