- Mediolanum is looking for Data Analyst to join its expanding analytics team. This new position will focus on utilizing analytics to provide innovative ways to help Mediolanum leverage data set to help strategic and operational decisions.
- Working with Mediolanum business teams to understand its goals/strategy and to identify and define requirements for Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Data Warehouse Solutions to deliver value-add. The candidate will be involved in the full life focusing on inception, requirements, design, and testing.
- Work with business and technical delivery teams to analyze large-scale data sets
- Gather and document end-user requirements for analytical and ad-hoc reporting solutions (Agile Methodology)
- Create structured and ad-hoc reports using Mediolanum’s business intelligence tools
- Define and manage Mediolanum’s master data management policy
- Work with client business users to implement data governance structures
- Aid in the development of business processes and policies to support and manage the data reporting environment
- Work with peers closely on implementing best-practice techniques with respect to the presentation of data
- Provide and manage training and documentation
- Excellent eye for details can identify trends and patterns of
- In this role, you’ll be using your technical expertise to extrapolate data by using advanced computerized models.
- Maintains data dictionary by revising and entering definitions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications; establishing personal networks; participating in technical societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Determines changes in physical database by studying project requirements; identifying database characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method.
- Changes database system by coding database descriptions.
- Protects database by developing access system; specifying user level of access.
- Maintains user reference by writing and rewriting database descriptions
Skills & Competencies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to present results to management teams to allow them to interrupt the results and make effective decisions
Qualifications & Experience
- 6 years professional experience
- Financial Services experience specifically capital markets or Funds industry
- Experience with Cognos or Qlik Sense reporting would be a distinct advantage
- Experience with Microsoft SSIS (integration services) and SQL distinct advantage
- Knowledge of RDBMS and dimensional data modeling
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (Agile methodology experience preferable)
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technologies
- Experience in identifying and defining requirements and turning into functional requirements that addresses difficult analytical challenges
- Experience in solving data analytics problems and effectively communicating results and methodologies
- Hold a relevant primary degree (2.1 or higher) in mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics or finance, and be working toward or hold a recent Masters in a related discipline
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs