- This hands-on technical position will work on LAN / WAN implementation and working on design and security of deployed systems. As part of the Integrated Security Solutions team, this position will participate in all day-to-day activities and project goals in Cisco and Linux based environments. Technical responsibilities include providing design, implementation & support of secure WLAN, LAN, MPLS WAN and VOIP telecommunications infrastructure implementations using existing and new technologies to various customers. As a technical specialist, this position will be required to provide resolution guidance to the other ISS team members for advanced systems design, problem resolution and project management.
- Network/systems security will be a heavily emphasized set of responsibilities for this position, including but not limited to intrusion detection & digital rights management. Will help lead and actively participate in projects supporting network and telecommunications infrastructure implementations and enhancements. Determines appropriateness of moderate equipment changes or modifications to provide a high level of security according to network service level agreement.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Support all network services, maintaining SLA’s for security and reliability.
- Support corporate wide strategy, plans and documentation for all network & telecommunications systems.
- Evaluate new networking solutions, providing recommendations for design and solution strategies.
- Design & manage network implementation projects in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Support generation of requirements for new cyber security implementations.
- Conduct testing and evaluation of cyber security implementations.
- Track and resolve requests for network related services and support, providing post mortem and root cause analysis.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- Off-hours implementations and remote site travel a must
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Related Field.
- 3+ years related experience
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP experience preferred
- C, C++ as well as Linux real time operating systems a plus
- Mobile device android and/or ios a plus
- SCADA/ICS experience a plus
- Cyber and industrial control systems a plus
- Hands-on expertise with a wide variety of network related tools, concepts, technologies, best practices and security procedures
- Hands-on expertise with network hardware, protocols, and media including but not limited to Fiber Optics, UTP, 802. 11, VOIP, IOS,
- MPLS, DNS, DHCP, directional wireless
- Flexible work hours required
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.