Design and administer procedures in the organization that sustain the security of the organization’s data and access to its technology and communications systems. Assess risk of exposure of proprietary data through weaknesses in platforms, access procedures, and forms of access to the organization’s systems and the data contained in them. Track security violations and identify trends or exposures that could be addressed by additional training, technical measures, or use of application tools to enhance security. May lead or execute simulated attacks or security violations to assess the organization’s data security measures.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Respond to critical alarms involving the data center and provide assistance in resolving alarms. Update upper management on the status of critical alarms.
- Minimize risk to data center operations by reviewing facilities change controls and method of procedures (MOP) and revising change controls or MOPs as needed.
- Design, plan and implement test strategies to support the core infrastructure in the contingency environment for all critical business applications to ensure business continuity in the event of a major business interruption or disaster.
- Lead projects as related to technology refresh/evaluation such as Load Balancing and SSL technology. Research corrective measures (long term solutions) needed for any chronic issues identified that compromise security of particular systems or platforms.
- Plan or lead projects designed to develop and test new methodologies and systems for recovery of the critical core business processes and the enterprise infrastructure. Create policies and procedures for data center work.
- Work with internal and external auditors to verify controls and address gaps accordingly.
- Plan, manage, document, and evaluate the performance of subordinate staff. Make provision for their technical and professional growth through assignments, mentoring, and technical training opportunities.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Broad technical experience in Information Security, with the ability to learn new technologies/go deep when needed.
- Experience working within a software development lifecycle, with development or operational background preferred.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking required.Experience in data analysis; data visualization experience preferred.Ability to build rapport, develop and maintain trusted relationships at all levels across an organization.
- Fannie Mae background preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to present and discuss information at all levels across the organization at the level of detail required.
- Proven ability to work at both tactical and strategic levels.
- Possess exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to see patterns, filter, analyze, prioritize and validate information.
- Ability to be organized, hands-on, self-motivated, smart and emotionally intelligent.