Visa’s Cyber Security team is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer who will be responsible for design, development, and execution of large-scale Cyber Security initiatives. Extensive Python and web service development experience and team leadership skills are a must. In this position, you are a passionate and talented developer with problem-solving abilities and coding/testing/debugging skills who can work in a dynamic environment. You must be dedicated to delivering production-ready code in short time-frames and be willing to go beyond the standard routine.
- Develop innovative solutions to protect the Visa brand, networks, assets and products by implementing state-the-art detection, prevention, and response capabilities
- Engage in technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements
- Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization
- Demonstrate technical mastery and be an inspirational leader and mentor who continuously develops the competencies of him/herself and others
- Reduce time-to-detect and time-to-remediate by driving the automation of applied threat intelligence and sensor enrichment
- Develop and expand API framework to interconnect Security Tools
- Solid proficiency with Linux (or similar) operating systems
- Experience with source code control systems
- Experience with common development environments and practices
- Knowledge of Restful web services (client – server application)
- Python scripting, Automation and DevOps skills etc.
- Software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages, continuous integration (Git), continuous deployment (Travis/Jenkins), and deployment orchestration (Ansible, puppet, or equivalent)
- Experience with C, C++, Java, Ruby, or Python , database application (MYSql/MS SQL) Skills.
- Develop a framework for maintain custom signatures using YARA across all security nodes
- Exposure to security management, administrative account management etc., would be a plus
- Understanding of: distributed systems, cloud computing, database, machine learning, data mining, statistics, data modeling
- Experience with object-oriented design concepts
- Understanding of unit test and integration testing frameworks.