- JD degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years broad-based regulatory and corporate investigations experience.
- Leadership and management of regulatory and corporate investigations experience.
- Admitted to the bar in which the role is located in and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in the state in which the role is located.
- 10 years broad-based experience with regulatory and corporate investigations, including strategically addressing, minimizing and avoiding regulatory risk.
- Experience with high risk incident response.
- Experience working with Internet and technology companies including data security breaches.
- Experience with conducting congressional investigations and oversight.
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects.
- Developed organizational skills.
About the job
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You’re part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative — ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
As Regulatory Counsel at Google, you will work on a dynamic team dedicated to overseeing complex internal investigations and regulatory inquiries involving our products and businesses around the world. You’ll partner with other Legal, Product and Engineering teams involved in conducting investigations, including by developing best practices for conducting investigations, training, tracking and monitoring regulatory inquiries and investigations, and responding to matters involving heightened risk.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Assess and respond to complex regulatory inquiries and investigations involving our products and businesses around the world.
- Support other Legal, Product and Engineering teams involved in conducting investigations, including by developing best practices for conducting investigations, training, tracking and monitoring regulatory inquiries and investigations, and responding to matters involving heightened risk.
- Work with Product, Engineering and Compliance teams proactively to advise them of regulatory risk.