At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Insurance for drivers and riders is a critical part of our business, and we are constantly innovating in this area. The Uber Legal Team is currently searching for an Insurance Counsel, with expertise in the insurance defense industry and experience managing robust insurance defense litigation. You will be based in Uber’s Chicago office.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Insurance Counsel on insurance matters for Uber and its entities around the world
- Assist in the management of outside counsel on insurance defense matters with a regionalized focus
- Analyze claims/litigation to effectively participate in decisions related to resolution strategy
- Assist in drafting and review policy language for emerging products
- Support new insurance initiatives
What You’ll Need
- 5 Minimum Years of Experience with insurance company or law firm experience involving litigating claims/cases arising from Property and Casualty Insurance
- In-house experience strongly preferred, with the know-how to manage a case through pleadings, motion practice, discovery, dispute resolution and trial
- Solid case evaluation abilities, critical thinking skills and the capacity to oversee a large portfolio of matters
- First chair mediation or trial experience preferred
- Deposition experience (including presenting witnesses)
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school
- Joint JD/MBA holders preferred
- Possess excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
About the Team
The insurance litigation team oversees and manages litigation and claims arising out of Uber’s insurance policies. In doing so, the team works hand in hand with our insurance partners and outside counsel to drive solutions and innovate. The insurance litigation team also works across Uber’s business teams, from operations to safety, to evaluate and manage risk.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs