The Corporate Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success and manages the full lifecycle of the staffing process for retail / commercial banking, and assigned corporate positions, while acting as a consultative service partner to hiring managers. This position is relied upon to independently manage the search and selection process for sales, professional, technical and other niche skill positions, and develop local and bank-wide recruiting / staffing plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new and creative recruiting ideas.
This position is located in Tacoma, WA, but will travel frequently to Olympia, WA., and other Bank locations, as needed.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Partner with assigned hiring managers to effectively build a recruiting plan to attract top talent based on forecasted headcount, turnover and changing talent needs.
- Partner and supports business unit leaders on talent management planning, including assessing short and long-term resource needs, identifying critical talent gaps within the department, division and/or organization, and develop strategies to address.
- Proactively source and identify active and passive candidates leveraging a wide variety to tools and techniques (social media, search engines and job boards) to build and maintain a quality pipeline.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation. Identify, plan and attend networking activities such as career fairs, professional associations, technical schools and outplacement services, etc.
- Analyze recruiting trends, best sources, and recruiting metrics to guide hiring managers on when and where to target talent.
- Review and qualify applicants based on application / resume, experience, pre-screening assessments, and or reference verification tools. As requested, participate in phone screens and interviews.
- Provide feedback and hiring information to all applicants to ensure a positive candidate experience regardless of selection decision.
- Develop and maintain activity reports highlighting search progress and disposition of all candidates.
- Maintain compliance, and remain current on the company’s organization structure, human resources policies / procedures, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Partner with external agencies and serves as a liaison for temporary staffing needs.
- Develop, amend, and maintains job descriptions to reflect the current level of primary duties while ensuring compliance with federal and state laws; participates in job evaluation process with employees and management in designated business units.
- Prepare and compiles a variety of HR related analytical, standard and ad hoc reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools, while maintaining system and data integrity.
- Perform other HR department functions and projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Business Administration, Human Resources or relevant disciplines – preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years recent professional level recruiting experience, which includes developing and executing candidate sourcing strategies, staffing plans and the management of the end-to-end full life cycle recruiting process, in a financial services and commercial bank environment – required.
- Professional credentials, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, Talent Management, Social Sourcing, Diversity Recruiting and/or Organizational Development – desired.
- Equivalent combination of education, certifications and/or relevant work experience may be considered.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal and external customers and responds to customers’ needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Maintains personal composure when confronted with difficult situations, with the ability to gain trust and respect with all levels of staff and management. Must have the ability to deal calmly and effectively to diffuse and manage sometimes volatile and stressful situations.
- Exhibits professional and effective listening, verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, including effective questioning strategies and presentation skills; with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures pertaining to Human Resources and governing employment practices, including EEO, FLSA, ADA, and other HR related laws and regulations.
- Track record of success building and managing client and candidate relationships throughout each phase of recruiting process.
- Proven track record directly sourcing talent with specific subject matter expertise, which includes experience providing fact-based assessments of talent and clear recommendations.
- Ability to work across the organization to achieve results, and has ideally worked in a large organization requiring interaction within multiple cross functional business units.
- Must have client management experience, with strong credibility, presence, and the ability to influence managers and senior managers, gain trust and provide consultative services.
- Exhibits exceptional partnering and collaboration skills, both in person and from a remote location. Demonstrated ability to effectively drive change and influence the adoption of best in class ideas/processes/initiatives.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to and apply principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and polices related to assigned areas of oversight.
- Strategic in approach to problem solving and decision making, demonstrating strong analytical reasoning, organization, data review and time management skills, with the ability to accurately manage multiple assignments, goals, and reporting requests, ensuring priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal direction and supervision.
- Unquestionable integrity and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient use and understanding of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT), with the ability to adapt to and learn new technologies quickly and understand report requirements and system capabilities to produce and/or analyze desired reports.
- Extensive knowledge of social media networking platforms, online communities, and other job board sourcing channels.
- Strong working knowledge and experience using applicant tracking systems (ADP WFN, Taleo, Peoplesoft, Icims, etc.) – required. CRM and virtual recruiting tools – highly desired.
- Travel will be required; valid drivers license and proof of insurance.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee interruptions during the day.
- Typical schedule Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule. May be required to work evenings, weekends and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 10 – 15lbs. (files, boxes, equipment, supplies, carry boxes of HR materials, brochures, deliver and set-up displays, as needed).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com