Robinhood is changing the way America invests. We believe our financial system should work for everyone and not just a few. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies—all in one, user-friendly platform. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve enabled millions of people to participate in the markets, cementing us as the fastest-growing brokerage ever.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Corporate Accountant to join our growing accounting team. As the part of the team you will help with building the monthly-close process, and augmenting our policies and controls.
As a Corporate Accountant you’ll:
- Perform the monthly close process, including maintaining the general ledger by posting entries and reconciling the balance sheet and inter-company accounts.
- Be responsible for cash, investments, assorted accrued expenses, and various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Support our financial audits.
- Build the reconciliation processes for new products.
- Interface with the Legal, Engineering and People teams on various initiatives.
- Implement process improvements and control enhancements for day-to-day activities.
Some things we consider critical to being a Corporate Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years of total experience
- Understanding of GAAP standards
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Big 4 experience (preferred)
- Experience with system implementation (preferred)
- Experience with process improvement and proficiency with spreadsheets (preferred)
- Hands-on experience in the financial close process (preferred)
- CPA (preferred)
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.