Lazard Freres, one of the world’s preeminent financial advisory and asset management firms, operates from 40 cities across 23 countries in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Central and South America. With origins dating back to 1848, the firm provides advice on mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and capital raising, as well as asset management services to corporations, partnerships, institutions, governments, and individuals.
Lazard’s Convertible Securities Advisory Group team’s primary responsibilities are: (i) execution of convertible (debt and preferred) exchange and restructuring transactions (ii) origination and execution of new public convertible debt and preferred issues coupled with equity derivatives advisory(iii) corporate financial structuring advisory across industries.
Exposure will be broad based, as the intimate size of the group and firm gives individuals the ability to gain experience in a wide range of corporate finance execution and advisory work, including partnering with the M&A and restructuring groups.
Vice President Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Live deal execution
• Materials and communication for client pitches
• Training, managing and recruiting more junior resources
• Oversight for process improvement of internal tools
• Frequent interaction with other teams, locally as well as globally
• Research specific companies and sectors
• Generate new transaction ideas for various situations
• MBA or undergraduate business degree preferable
• At least 3-4 years’ of analyst/associate-level investment banking, capital markets, or research experience, preferably within the credit or fixed income areas
• Experience in capital markets in the areas of debt origination, restructuring, etc.
• Strong understanding of the key legal, accounting, tax or process-related requirements or constraints relating to the aforementioned product area(s)
• Familiarity with deal lifecycle –from (i) product development and refinement; (ii) pitch process and refinement; (iii) execution and refinement
• Familiarity with and/or ability to interface with sales/trading or syndicate desks on day-to-day management of pitches as well as execution
• Ability to manage multiple critical projects –can produce work product independently and delegate effectively
• Facility with the general requirements of “pitching” process in terms of production and presentation
• Facility or experience with improving work product output or data base management skills
• Top academic performers who are willing to work hard in an unstructured environment, which values initiative, maturity and enthusiasm for learning