An international bank seeks a Compliance Officer for their New York home office.
The company seeks a Compliance Officer (CO) to support the consumer regulatory compliance function for the bank. The CO will also support the development, implementation, and maintenance of a consumer regulatory compliance program through compliance activities across various lines of business, branches, and operating departments.
In this position, you will:
- Contribute to the execution of the bank’s programs, ensuring alignment with Corporate compliance and strategic direction and recommend policy and/or action based on internal and external industry developments for area of responsibility.
- Act as a resource to business units/internal team members providing a range of support, guidance, and analysis on regulatory & compliance requirements and issues.
- Advise and consult on proposed new products, services, and initiatives regarding compliance obligations and corresponding compliance risks, and mitigating controls. Review/identify regulatory impact, and approves recommended controls.
- Interpret the impact and advise the business on current and emerging regulatory and compliance issues and industry or market developments to ensure that anticipated regulatory changes are considered within the business and assist in implementing compliance initiatives to help manage regulatory risk.
- Focus on compliance strategies/issues with business unit partners and foster the development of a compliance culture, including conducting research as required to determine benchmarks and/or best practices.
- Review marketing materials, disclosures, and other customer communications subject to consumer protection regulations.
- Manage the complaint process for the compliance department, including the response to consumer complaints received from regulators.
- Advise and support the business lines in the establishment and execution of action plans to address compliance deficiencies, findings and/or recommendations of examiners, internal audits, and self-identified issues.
- Advise management and provide guidance in design and development of processes and controls to manage compliance risks.
- Provide support to management in the execution of the compliance training program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To be considered, you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Banking/Accounting required.
- CRCM designation or JD is required.
- Minimum 5 years performing relevant regulatory compliance functions in the banking industry, and in- depth knowledge of deposits and lending products and applicable laws and regulations, included but not limited to strong knowledge of assigned laws and regulations, included but not limited to ECOA, Reg. DD, Reg. CC, RESPA, TILA, CRA, HMDA & FCRA.
- Prior experience working with regulatory agencies, including FRB, OCC, FDIC or CFPB.
- Ability to analyze complex laws and regulations and relate those laws to operational procedures, company policies and industry trends.
- Strong written and verbal communication, research, and presentation skills including a demonstrated ability to clearly provide written reports that identify and quantify risk as well as present sound solutions considering Popular’s operations and culture.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills, including prioritization and attention to detail and working with deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior level management.
- Strong analytical skills and basic mathematical ability to understand and test disclosures as well as ability to use PC or other equipment to verify data and calculations. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications necessary to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Oversees/executes and/or performs tasks from end to end; focuses on short to mid-term issues (e.g. monthly-quarterly).
- Travel may be required.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com.