Wealth Management (WM) business within JP Morgan offers customized solutions and client service to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. Wealth Management serves various client types through its Private Bank and J.P. Morgan Securities sub-lines of business.
Reporting to the Surveillance Manager in Hong Kong, the candidate, utilizing the surveillance tools, will be responsible for conducting trade and communications surveillance for the WM business for the Asia region, covering Hong Kong and Singapore. The role also offers the candidate excellent opportunities to forge professional relationships with various stakeholders and further develop their knowledge on various products such as Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, FX, Futures & Options offered by JPMorgan Chase.
This position requires knowledge of applicable regional regulatory requirements and controls, as well as familiarity with market conduct risks in the WM business. The candidate should have prior experience in implementing new surveillance tools, able to measure efficiency and have good stakeholder engagement to communicate the program and results. Prior experience in monitoring or testing, internal audits, or regulatory examinations of complex financial institutions may be considered.
- Use trade / communication surveillance tools to analyze system generated alerts across various platforms/products within the firm and identify any potential breaches of policies and/or where applicable relevant laws and regulations.
- Use management skills to develop and implement consistent processes and disciplined controls.
- Support analysis conducted through Bloomberg and Internet research, and by maintaining awareness of regional markets and regulatory activity.
- In consultation with the Team and Team Manager, refer or escalate any unusual or suspicious cases during the course of alert reviews to the relevant LOB / Country Compliance officers and/or other counterparties in accordance with the defined operational process.
- Ensure escalated cases are followed up and documentations are updated in the case register in a timely manner.
- Participate in market conduct related investigations
- Participate or assist in project to enhance or modify the surveillance systems/ tools, and occasionally conduct UAT testing to ensure the systems/ tools are working as designed
- Attend meetings and present escalated cases as required.
- Assist in MIS reports preparation as required.
- Assist in establishing internal control processes and developing/updating procedures.
- Minimum of 6-8 years in a financial services environment with at least 3-4 years in Trade Surveillance or compliance monitoring and testing role
- Some management or supervisor experience, ideally within a surveillance role
- Strong knowledge of trade and communications surveillance processes and systems such as Actimize / HP Supervisor / Alcatraz
- Strong knowledge of wealth management operating model.
- Good understanding of banking jargon and market commentary/color to complement communication surveillance.
- Strong knowledge in financial products such as Equities, Futures and Options, Fixed Income, FX and Commodities
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous tasks.
- A self-motivated fast learner with the ability to work independently
- A strong team player and able to engage people across all corporate hierarchies.
- Flexible and adaptable to dynamically changing work processes and environment
- Adaptability to work under time pressure and resiliency to provide stable and consistent performance
- Excellent computer skills especially in standard Microsoft Office applications and Sharepoint.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in English at all levels both orally and in writing
- Competent in non-English languages is an advantage