Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Help develop and maintain a companywide compliance program, which may consist of items such as drafting (with help and oversight of the Compliance Officer) a summary of the planned compliance activities based on strategy and compliance-related reports and on risk assessments that come from regular reviews;
- Help establish adequate compliance risk indicators, help monitor latest developments and alert the Compliance Officer accordingly to ensure no surprises and minimal impact upon inevitable incidents;
- Assess, independently, jointly or with the support from the Compliance Officer and/or other colleagues/Departments (when needed), developments in applicable relevant legislation and related impact, which (may) affect the required compliance control in day-to-day business.
- Help facilitate and coordinate annual regulatory compliance risk assessments;
- Based on the previous, identify and maintain oversight of key regulatory risks and compliance obligations. And, consequently, put in place (or help the relevant owners put in place) appropriate monitoring and mitigating measures, so that the risk mapping is properly translated into policies and procedures;
- Policy management (with support and oversight from Compliance Officer when needed):
Coordinate corporate policy review process;
- Draft and maintain policy documents owned by the Compliance Department;
- Help other Departments create the policies they own or will own;
- When possible, provide guidance on policy interpretation internally at all levels;
- Take the necessary steps so that the policies are complied with internally (either through the direct adoption of measures or through oversight of such an adoption by the relevant owners).
- Prepare or help prepare compliance reports for the Department when needed;
- Help the Compliance Department oversee the risk and compliance management activities undertaken in the normal course of operations to ensure that they are fulfilled in accordance with company policy and with legislative and regulatory obligations;
- When need be and depending on the particular circumstances, cooperate with the Compliance Officer or others (particularly the Risk Department) in reverting to external requests from regulators, competent authorities or other external bodies.
- Help the Compliance Department promote a compliance culture within the company through proper implementation of its Awareness Policy. This could include, amongst others, conducting presentations on various topics to management/employees, when necessary. Provide advice on best compliance practice within Payvision worldwide by training and informing colleagues to make them more aware of and able to deal with the compliance and reputation risks, so that they will actively participate in the improvement and maintenance of controls on these risks.
- Close cooperation with the Risk Department in matters such as:
- Sensitive cases of noncompliance;
- When possible, provision of guidance on matters that are relevant to the proper conduct of their operations.
- Advanced degree in law, business, or applicable field of study;
- Four (4) or more years’ experience in a similar role within a financial environment;
- Regulatory risk management experience is a strong plus; Proven regulatory experience in a regulated environment.
- Strong social and communication skills;
- Influencing skills;
- Good analytical skills, problem recognition and solving;
- Good communication skills at all levels;
- Team player, but independent at the same time;
- Trustworthy, sensitive and aware of confidentiality implications;
- Fluency in English; fluency in other European languages will be an asset
- It would also be beneficial if candidates had international exposure and had regulatory experience in the past, particularly if this was focused on regulating companies with technology-driven and innovative business models.
- A versatile, responsible position in a dynamic, open and progressive company with young and enthusiastic coworkers;
- Positive team spirit with excellent training and career opportunities;
- Excellent primary and secondary remuneration conditions.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs