Ingenico ePayments is a global operating Business to Business (B2B) E-Commerce Payments Service Provider. The company has a Dutch PSD license to process transactions and is subject to the supervision of the Dutch Central Bank and other local authorities.
The primary purpose of the Ingenico ePayments Compliance Team are the following:
- To comply with laws, regulations, business principles, rules of conduct, customer agreements and established good business practices in every aspect of the organization (e.g. governance, strategy, people, processes, policies, culture, communication)
- Toestablish and maintain effective compliance risk management and control systems, including monitoring and reporting
- To provide timely advice to the organization on relevant changes in the regulatory environment
- To embed and promote ethics within the organization and in the way it conduct its business
- The main function of the Compliance Officer is to stay abreast of all applicable regulatory regimes and other industry requirements that may have an impact on the company. The Compliance Officer informs and advises the Compliance Manager, internal Legal Counsel and the Statutory Directors on any changes in applicable laws and regulations, such as anti-money laundering, combating terrorism financing and international sanction laws.
- The Compliance Officer must be able to provide advice and draft policies . In addition, the Compliance Officer will assist the first line of defense in relation to their procedures and manuals in line with internal compliance policies.
- Ingenico ePayments is part of Ingenico Group, the Compliance Officer will therefore be responsible, with the Compliance Team, for implementing Group Compliance policies locally and for providing training to employees of Ingenico ePayments on the Group policies.
- The Compliance Officer will report directly to the Compliance Manager, who is responsible for compliance within the company and with business partners and service providers worldwide. The Compliance Team is part of the Legal, Compliance & Data Protection team; a team of professionals tasked with mitigating company legal and compliance risks, raising the awareness of legal, regulatory and data protection obligations, and to define, deploy, and sustain a robust compliance program across the organization’s worldwide operations. The Compliance Team is part of the second line of defense in the company.
Deliverables / Tasks:
- Stay abreast of regulatory and industry standards and requirements.
- Keep compliance policies and procedures up-to-date.
- Draft, implement and maintain adequate compliance programs.
- Have an expert understanding of industry compliance obligations (regulatory and industry compliance).
- Develop a strong compliance culture within the company, to include maintaining a company-wide training and awareness program for compliance issues.
- Perform risk analysis on the compliance and reputational risks arising out of contractual relationshipswith suppliers. This is managed in conjunction with the Legal team and the internal stakeholder of such supplier.
- Continually seek out opportunities to facilitate in-depth understanding of industry compliance obligations (regulatory and industry compliance).
- Advise the Compliance Manager of possible systemic and procedural improvements to mitigate risks in accordance with applicable requirements and standards.
- Support ongoing monitoring of controls.
- Report to Compliance Manager and other relevant internal stakeholders on potential (high risk) compliance issues.
- Other tasks assigned by the Compliance Manager and/or General Counsel.
- Power of persuasion – Strong stakeholder management skills (internal & external)
- Ability to handle stressful situations and manage competing priorities
- Problem-solving ability
- Critical thinking skills
- Consistent attention to detail / accuracy
- Team player, but able to work independently at the same time
- Interpersonal intelligence
- Pro-active and result-oriented
- Reliable and flexible, willing to go the extra mile to get a job done, highly motivated
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- University degree in Dutch law or equivalent
- Experience (3 to 5 years) in a similar role in a multi-cultural, global business environment.
- Experience with reporting to regulators is a plus
- Risk management experience is a strong plus
- Experience involving cross-border regulatory requirements or other multi-jurisdictional obligations.
- Experience demonstrating knowledge of the payment or financial services industry a plus.
- Basic project management skills (change management) is a plus.
- Interest in e-Commerce and/or online transfers or transactions.
Other significant role requirements:
- Strong English communications skills
- This is a full time/permanent position
- Based in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands. Relocation is required if necessary