- The Compliance Officer will be part of the global Human Capital and Benefits, Risk, Investment and Exchanges compliance team, and will act as Deputy for the Compliance Director for Towers Watson Ltd. The role will be high profile offering significant opportunity to work with senior management, support the management of regulatory relationships and influence the further development TWL’s control environment and governance framework. Excellent working knowledge of MiFID, IMD/IDD and FCA rules is required.
- TWL is a large FCA-regulated firm consisting of the UK-based components of WTW’s Investment, Human Capital & Benefits and Insurance Consulting and Technology lines of business. It is a significant company of over 2,500 colleagues with a wide range of regulated and unregulated activity.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Compliance Director for Towers Watson Ltd in overseeing and managing the overall compliance framework for and delivery of compliance support to businesses within the firm.
- Supporting and coaching more junior team members.
- Providing strategic advice to our business leaders regarding the appropriate control environment for WTW’s various activities.
- Providing technical regulatory advice as required in connection with the regulatory aspects of specific transactions, existing services and proposed new services.
- Developing and monitoring the adequacy and effectiveness of the existing compliance arrangements in place for TWL and ensuring that remedial action is taken where any deficiencies are identified.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of the regulatory framework in the UK and determining how changes affect TWL, and assist with briefing senior management, and produce changes to internal policies, manuals and procedures.
- Carrying out monitoring to check on the businesses’ compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Assist with horizon scanning and monitoring of the adequacy of internal policies, procedures and controls against new regulations.
- Dealing with any enquiries from and leading on behalf of the business during inspections or audits undertaken by the FCA and other regulatory authorities from time to time.
- Dealing with ad-hoc compliance and regulatory queries from clients and colleagues.
- Support response to significant regulatory developments such as SMCR, IDD and Brexit.
- Excellent working knowledge of MiFID, IMD/IDD and FCA rules.
- Established experience within a control function of an FCA regulated firm or in a consultancy role working with regulated firms.
- Commitment to continuous professional development, and maintaining excellent understanding of regulatory developments.
- Ability to navigate change, complexity and ambiguity.
- Senior leadership capability and proven ability to provide effective oversight.
- Accurately and efficiently maintain and manage an assigned workload.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage effectively with senior management and colleagues to promote a positive and business focused compliance culture.
- Exceptional organisational and written skills.
- A proven ability to work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Must be committed to maintaining a robust compliance culture and high ethical standards.
Experience within an asset manager or life insurance provider.