A major international manufacturing company that produces automobiles, engines and other products seeks a Compliance professional for one of their important US divisions.
What you’ll do on a daily basis
- Manage and oversee compliance processes for third parties / business partners related to the selection, approval and appointment of business partners, the partners management structure changes, review and monitor their sales and service business in the region Americas
- Consult and advise business units such as sales, service, business development, network management, contract management, procurement and operations in third party approval and review processes
- Perform compliance audits / site-visits covering all necessary compliance and integrity topics as a risk assessment measure within the appointment process and in order to consult & audit business partners in terms of their compliance program
- Perform risk based due diligence on third parties in the region Americas with the focus on medium and high risk third parties especially for all sales and service partners.
- Identify, evaluate and report potential business risks identified during the due diligence process related to the appointment / termination of sales and service partners in the region Americas
- Per corporate guidelines, approve partner, deny approval when process requirements are not fulfilled and/or partner is not suitable from a risk or compliance standpoint, veto approvals, set deadlines as well as involve external support (law firms, consultants) for further comprehensive compliance checks
- Define risk mitigating measures in cooperation with the Regional Sector Ethics and Compliance Officer, the Senior Manager or Director of the central Compliance team globally.
- Prepare and propose recommendation papers and recommendations to management and the Advisor panel
- Advise contract management on compliance relevant clauses in business partner contracts in the region Americas
- Implement and/or monitor the fulfillment of business partner specific conditions.
- Contribution to further develop and provide global and company-wide binding compliance relevant guidelines / policies for the selection, approval, appointment, management, review and monitoring of third parties.
- Serve, in conjunction with the Sr. Manager Business Partner Due Diligence, as a primary contact for business partner related compliance matters in the region Americas and provide guidance and counsel
- Ensure audit secure documentation of compliance relevant processes and decisions
- Ensure compliance with Data Protection Act together with Data Protection Officer
- Provide policy and process relevant trainings to internal and external stakeholders in the region Americas
- Promote compliance culture in your own area of responsibility
- Perform special project and provide global support as required
- Promote a compliance culture, in area of responsibility, and live the letter and spirit of the Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Law and minimum 5 years’ experience in Third Party Compliance / Third Party due diligence in the manufacturing environment; or 9 years of Third Party Compliance / Third Party due diligence in the manufacturing environment.
- Excellent knowledge of business ethics, integrity codes, and the Corporate Guidelines for Business Partners
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with others and liaise between internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational, planning and follow-up skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines quickly and reliably
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical ability and creative problem solving skills when issues are complex
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Strong negotiation and persuasive communication skills
- Strong project management skills with ability to drive multiple projects to completion
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential matters
- Willingness to travel – domestic and international
- Advanced skills with MS Office Suite (in particular Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook)
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com