Main duties & responsibilities
- Provide support and lead compliance for the business and resource units on adherence to corporate policies and procedures regarding import/export compliance.
- Interface with internal and external customers in trade compliance matters.
- Consult with legal department as necessary for procedural and legal assistance.
- Reviews business transactions ensuring customs compliance, including handling tariff classifications of imported/exported merchandise, valuation issues, country of origin determinations.
- Ensure that company locations have appropriate business-specific policies and procedures, consistent with best practices and company policies and procedures, and that appropriate implementation and training occurs.
- Identifies, coordinates and provides export, import or compliance training across respective sites / regions.
- Prepare audit finding reports and ensure adherence to corrective action plans.
- Improve effectiveness of systems and process across the global network with a focus on standardization across the network.
- You will work in an informal and dynamic environment with motivated colleagues. In this position, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager Program. You will have frequent contact with your business partners at other sites and staff members (HR; Safety and Security).
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor`s degree.
- 5+years of experience in trade compliance program management.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge and experience with import and export regulations and audit practices.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience in developing, implementing and executing training programs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume distribution center environment;
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs