- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in data analytics and modeling.
- Experience planning and leading cross-functional projects.
- Experience with data privacy and information security risk management.
- Certified IAPP/CIPP.
- Experience with GDPR, ISO, NIST, HIPAA and/or other risk-centric standards and practices helpful.
- Ability to work on a broad variety of matters from the complex matters to the routine standard matters.
The Google Compliance team makes sure that our business is always consistent with the current financial regulations. Comprised of master jugglers, this team balances Google’s legal and compliance requirements with the dynamic needs of our users and the values of our company. As part of this team, you proactively identify pain points and gaps in existing policy frameworks and find innovative solutions. You develop efficient compliance systems and work with teams to implement these across the organization. You are thorough in all you do and see to it that as Google pursues our next big idea, we always have our bases covered.
We oversee and implement Google’s Third-Party Data Protection and Compliance program, responsible for the company’s due diligence operations of the program; monitoring and reporting on program compliance; development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures; investigation and tracking non-compliance; and leading projects across stakeholders. The team works closely with Legal, Information Security, and Product teams, Internal Audit, Finance, and Privacy Governance (PDPO).
Ethics and Compliance is a group of lawyers and compliance professionals who operate on a global stage. We work at the crossroads of new technologies and existing laws to provide answers and help Google build innovative and important products for our users around the world.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work to meet adapting deadlines.
- Develop detailed recommendations for mitigating findings and process improvement projects. Use local systems and advanced spreadsheet functions for regular reporting.
- Provides guidance and assist in the identification of compliance, risks, implementation, and maintenance of organizational vendor privacy compliance processes and procedures in coordination with information Security, Internal Audit, Product Management, and Legal teams.
- Assist with procedures for vetting and auditing vendors for compliance with the privacy and data security policies and legal requirements.
- Assist in the design and implementation of compliance programs and initiatives.