Job Category: Sales/Trading/Research
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will help maintain relationships with clients and match our services and products to their needs. You will work with the trading and research teams to provide comprehensive client coverage, including fulfilling client requests for market updates, executing client orders and providing institutional clients with information about specific securities. You may also be involved in providing marketing ideas and help initiate transactions. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to gain wider exposure to other sales teams.
- Supporting the day to day client requests and needs.
- Implement selling as a continuum — independently and effectively complete a transaction from start to finish (make the call; send the research; sell and close the deal; book the trade)
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades.
- Understands firm’s approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
- Build foundation of trust with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs, clearly articulating desk ideas, and being responsive.
- Balance potentially competing needs across clients, internal partners and the firm.
- Assist with the post trade process by ensuring the accuracy of all entries and to ensure internal controls are followed.
- Conduct economic market research.
- Prepare presentation materials and participating in deal pitches.
- Performing financial valuation and analysis for product modeling.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Entrepreneurial drive with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience working within an investment bank
- Demonstrable proficiency with market and product lingo. Well versed in the quantitative nature and framework of own product (e.g., pricing, models, etc).
Demonstrates creativity in solving problems. Always looks for new ways of doing things.
- Understands the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk.
- Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements.
- Understands transaction cycle and the steps in the process and is execution oriented.
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
English and Mandarin fluency are essential