Mesirow Financial is an independent, employee-owned firm founded in 1937. As specialists in investment, risk management and advisory services, we are committed to helping our institutional, corporate and individual clients achieve their objectives. Our professionals are inspired by an entrepreneurial desire to develop tailored solutions designed to deliver measurable results.
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will provide the vision and strategic leadership to develop and implement information technology initiatives and innovation that is aligned with the company’s business objectives. Reporting directly to the President & Chief Executive Officer, the CTO will lead all ongoing technology initiatives and create a leading-edge technology culture. The CTO will proactively build relationships across the firm, collaborate effectively and develop a strong team to anticipate and meet the technology needs of the firm.
Primary responsibilities include developing and implementing a firm wide technology strategy and roadmap that aligns Company’s systems, projects and business needs. The CTO will evolve the Technology organization to one that is recognized as a value-added business partner critical to the company’s success. In addition, they will ensure the technology ‘brand’ of the firm is elevated; this will improve talent attraction and ensure retention of top technologists.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success as a CTO or equivalent level (10 years plus) combined with an in depth understanding of the financial services/middle market sector (highly preferred). This individual will manage all of Technology including infrastructure, development, desktop support, help desk etc…This individual will be recognized as a leader and technology subject matter expert, adept at developing strategies and plans, leading positive change, developing talent, creating high performing technology teams and fostering effective business partner relationships within and beyond the firm. Must be comfortable operating in a highly collaborative, dynamic environment with the ability to drive and achieve results in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Development and implementation of a firm wide technology strategy and roadmap that aligns Company’s systems, projects and business needs.
- Leadership of a multi-divisional technology department and the management of all IT related operational and capital budgets. Determine IT priorities and perform a detailed analysis and forecasting of return on investment on all proposed major IT initiatives to key stakeholders.
- Effectively align resources to achieve key priorities and provide high-level leadership to development projects that improve the functionality, reliability, scalability, and security of the company’s applications and systems.
- Foster a software development lifecycle process and culture that ensures the appropriate balance in which quality products are produced in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ensure sound enterprise architecture is employed and drive a culture of best practices and processes. Ensure all technology and regulatory standards and best practices are achieved.
- Establish key performance metrics and reporting for critical ongoing IT operations. Identify and leverage efficiencies in processes and operations across technology.
- Work in partnership with internal functional teams as a technology partner in forwarding business capabilities.
- Keep abreast of technological advancements and innovative solutions applicable to the business model.
- Minimum of 10 years plus experience as a CTO or equivalent C- level technology leadership position combined with an in – depth understanding of the financial services industry/middle market sector (highly preferred).
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing and implementing a comprehensive technology strategy that is both aligned with and supports the current and future business goals of the company.
- Ability to skillfully manage, develop, motivate and direct others within a fast – paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Extensive experience managing a large multi divisional technology department and accompanying operational and capital budgets.
- Strong business acumen and executive presence. Proven ability to interact, communicate effectively and obtain creditability with senior level executives.
- Demonstrated process analysis and improvement expertise.
- Must be results and goal orientated with ability to demonstrate excellent judgment, solution orientation and appropriate level of risk taking.
- Outstanding written and oral communications as well as the ability to deliver presentations to a wide spectrum of audiences, both internally and externally.