By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers – to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades.
The selected candidate will lead all aspects of our marketing efforts and will manage a small team of passionate, talented marketing professionals.
Kraken is looking for someone with experience building brands from scratch, developing comprehensive, strategic marketing plans.
- Listen to the trends of the market and direct the market research efforts of the company
- Define marketing strategies to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives
- Develop a feasible marketing plan and oversee its day-to-day implementation
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product development, branding, communications etc.)
- Design and coordinate promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across channels (digital, press etc.)
- Establish goals, measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and optimize strategies to improve efficiency
- Work closely with the Chief Brand Officer to build a highly efficient team of marketing professionals
- Create a solid network of strategic partnerships
- 10 years experience developing, planning, and executing marketing initiatives and communication strategies
- Direct experience managing a marketing budget across multiple channels at a fast-growing start-up
- Strong leadership in marketing project management and development
- Familiarity with fast-shifting industry dynamics
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Experience building out a marketing/creative team
- Comfortable with ambiguity, shifting priorities and general growth pains of an early-stage marketing team
- Creative problem solver who can courageously propose and support new ideas
- Ability to adapt. An ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to solve a broad range of problems using a wide array of technologies.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, shifting priorities and general growth pains of an early-stage technology company
- Exceptional entrepreneurial judgment that fosters independence over micro-management
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail oriented and organized, with superior analytical abilities