Reporting to the General Counsel, the Chief Compliance Officer is responsible for overseeing a team of approximately 140 compliance professionals and all compliance matters related to the WTW businesses. The role is also responsible for reporting to the Willis Towers Watson Board Audit & Risk Committee and overseeing the Compliance function’s support of subsidiary boards and non-executive directors. The CCO will provide compliance advice relating to existing and emerging regulatory risks and is responsible for proactively managing relationships with regulators.
- Advise business partners and other relevant stakeholders on the compliance risks and regulatory requirements relating to the business.
- Articulate and monitor adherence to the requirements for a compliance and ethical training and competency program, including systems and controls, policies and procedures, and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop compliance strategy and tools to support and drive commercial activity; deliver practical compliance advice at speed of business.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with regulators, acting as the central point of contact for Willis Towers Watson and coordinating and communicating regulatory requirements to senior management, business units and other relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain strong relationships with lines of business to enable effective oversight of compliance issues and provide assurance that all conduct risk issues are being properly managed.
- Monitor and interpret applicable regulatory changes and work with colleagues in the Legal and Risk functions to update policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement business-wide training programs and systems and provide and implement an effective strategy for compliance monitoring.
- Collaborate with business units to embed procedures tailored to specific business contexts. Provide assurance as to the effectiveness of the control framework.
- Report on progress to senior management and escalate issues as required.
- Establish and maintain close and productive relationships with senior management thereby more effectively acting as the central point of contact for advice and assistance on compliance-related matters.
- Inspire and drive high performance in individuals and team members, enabling each member to understand his/her role in team success.
- Set clear, challenging and stretching objectives for the team.
- Identify talent and ensure that individuals develop fully, plan for succession across the team
- 10+ years’ experience and track record in Compliance within a complex global organization
- Experience reporting to a Board of Directors
- FCA “approved person” preferred
- Commercial awareness – a commercially lead, pragmatic and proactive approach to managing compliance
- An executive presence with polished and well developed oral and written communication skills
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills
- Organized and methodical with excellent analytical problem-solving skills