A successful rapidly growing Hedge Fund is seeking a Chief Compliance Officer for their Global Macro, Multi Strategy Investment Management firm. The individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of compliance and regulatory requirements, in collaboration with an industry leading management consulting firm specializing in Asset Management Compliance Advisory services. This is an excellent opportunity to join a Hedge Fund with huge upside potential, co-founded by a former Managing Director and Head Trader of a Global Investment Bank’s Global Arbitrage and Trading Division.
Chief Compliance Officer with global responsibility for compliance and regulatory affairs impacting the firm and the various hedge funds/entities it manages. A successful candidate will have at least 5-7 years of experience in compliance with a strong understanding of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, experience with managing and overseeing the compliance program for an SEC and CFTC/NFA registered adviser, conducting annual and periodic compliance reviews and analyses, administration and maintenance of the firm’s compliance manual and code of ethics and oversight and review of various documentation (Form ADV, investor communications, marketing materials, etc). In addition, experience operating in international jurisdictions is preferred. The role requires an independent, critical thinker with strong personal and problem solving skills as well as accomplished professional and educational background.
- Create, foster and oversee the firm’s culture of compliance
- Have primary oversight and responsibility regarding the firm’s compliance manual and compliance with applicable laws
- Oversee compliance with the firm’s compliance policies and procedures including information barriers and MNPI, use of expert networks, restricted list, Code of Ethics including personal trading for all employees, email retention, use of soft dollars, best execution, trade errors, trade compliance, expense allocation, FATCA/CRS, conflicts of interest, cybersecurity and anti-money laundering
- Monitor applicable rules and regulations and update policies and procedures to maintain compliance
- Review compliance reports and exception reports, perform forensic testing, etc., and chaperone expert network calls to confirm compliance with policies and procedures
- Oversee completion of quarterly compliance matrix and draft annual compliance review Memorandum
- Chair Compliance Committee meetings and update Compliance Committee on compliance issues promptly
- Act as a member of other firm committees as needed
- Train all new employees on the firm’s compliance policies and procedures and oversee mandatory periodic compliance training for all employees
- Work with multiple teams internally including IT, Legal, Fund Administration, Operations, Investment, Risk and Business Development and Investor Relations teams and liaise with outside services providers as necessary to monitor and maintain compliance policies and procedures and respond to inquiries from same
- Ensure appropriate systems/enhancements to meet regulatory and compliance obligations across all jurisdictions
- Oversee regulatory filings (e.g., Sections 13 and 16 filings, Form ADV, Form PF, Blue Sky, CFTC filings) and work with internal teams relating to regulatory audits and Sweeps
- Consult with management committee on product development, implementation of investment strategies and marketing strategies
- Attend investor due diligence meetings
- Oversee global marketing and investor relations compliance issues including registrations, private placements and investor communications, including reviewing marketing materials and sales literature to ensure compliance with applicable rules
- Complete investor compliance certifications
- Establish and maintain compliance calendar
- Stay current with respect to industry trends and changes to compliance regulations
- Be available to assist all departments for compliance issues during normal business hours and after hours for urgent matters.
Michael Tuller / firstname.lastname@example.org / 212-997-3169