The original vision for cryptocurrency anticipated a new means of payment. That vision remains unfulfilled for several reasons: high market volatility, low consumer trust, and a broader lack of focus on strategic distribution and user experience (to name a few). We believe these problems are addressable. With the right approach, we believe crypto-payments will unlock new online and peer-to-peer markets while making payments less expensive, more inclusive and more secure.
At Beam we are developing crypto-payment technology to control for fraud and clear transactions more efficiently than existing solutions reliant upon legacy financial infrastructure. We are designing from ground up to address specific pain points and use cases en route to cryptocurrency becoming a mainstream means of payment. To realize such an ambitious vision, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
As our first business operations hire, you will work with company founders and Product Lead to conduct market and user research, influence our go-to-market strategy, and cultivate strategic partnerships. You’ll lead other strategic initiatives going forward and continue to explore new market opportunities. If you’re interested in cryptocurrency and emergent payment technology, highly motivated and resourceful, we want to meet you.
What you’ll do (outcomes)
- Conduct user research and build relationships with trial merchants and potential partners.
- Conduct market research to inform our go-to-market strategy and identify strategic partnerships.
- Support recruitment, integration and development of key partners; define relevant metrics for success.
- Own certain internal processes and generally identify areas of improvement.
- Support general company operational priorities as we grow.
What you’ll bring (competencies)
- Motivation and Conviction: for cryptocurrency and emerging payments technology [why — it’s what we’re all about; payments present the biggest unfulfilled vision for cryptocurrency, but the pathway to mainstream adoption is long-term]
- Problem solver track record [why — a core expectation for your role is to identify potential areas of improvement and propose potential solutions]
- Enthusiasm and Optimism [why — a “can do” attitude is essential for this role]
- Attention to Detail and Process Oriented [why — you’ll inevitably track competing priorities and work independently on several projects, including many externally facing materials; it’s critical we can trust the polish of your deliverables]
- Demonstrated experience in analytical and operational role [why — we want you to ramp up and integrate quickly, with the experience to trust your insight]
- Excellent communication skills [why — a good bit of this role demands confident communication with external parties, including potential partners and investors]
Nice to Haves
- Technical literacy and a developer’s perspective
- At least 2 years’ work experience in demanding, fast-paced environment (preferably prior startup experience)
- Prior exposure to/experience in BD, partnership development and/or marketing
- Prior experience in payments, an understanding of the e-commerce payment stack
- Inspired by product development and organizational design