Our Client, a highly regarded Investment Management firm seeks a Business Management and Development Analyst. The Business Management and Development Analyst supports transfer agency operations of the firm in a variety of roles which include business analyst, project/process management and vendor oversight. In this role you will work within the firm’s various internal support teams to support day-to-day operations working as a system liaison between 3rd party vendors and internal IT to trouble shoot issues, identify operational efficiencies and administer business solutions. This position is also responsible for managing and executing project and test plans, re-engineering key processes to improve the efficiency and timeliness of activities, maintaining existing applications, building and maintaining relationships with various third parties, including clients, vendors, brokers and other data providers.
Project and Process Management
- Lead and participate in and document business requirements and functional specifications
- Create and administer project schedules and lead project teams to ensure deadlines are met in a consistent manner
- Re-engineer, standardize, and execute process management based on specific Senior Management and business requirements
- Develop accurate and complete test plans
- Provide testing and testing leadership for the projects in which they are assigned.
- Develop and facilitates meeting objectives and agendas
- Enforce project deadlines and schedules
- Document issues and proactively communicate status and issues with all parties (internal customers, both users and executive steering committees) effectively using all media 3rd Party Vendor Management
- Interfaces with brokers, 3rd party vendors, and data providers to ensure smooth delivery of services and business needs
- Stay abreast of industry and specific provider updates, changes and issues via phone and face to face meetings
- Ensure 3rd parties are satisfied with current arrangements with the firm.
- Provide effective communication to the user community on applications/process
- Maintain and update documentation for internal customers via intranet web pages
- Facilitate new client setup
- Ensure vendors are providing services/items as desired
- Liaise with Finance, Legal, and Purchasing to ensure relationships are up to date
- Conduct fact-finding missions, documenting pros/cons of competing 3rd party products
- Make firm recommendations
- Stay abreast of industry updates, changes and potential solutions
- Work with all areas to determine client needs, present and future
- Vet 3rd party offerings for ‘best fit’
Assist in Process Improvement:
- Identify and document system deficiencies and recommendations
- Liaise with client and investor services teams to identify efficiency opportunities
- Liaise with Training/QC group to identify procedures where efficiency opportunities exist
- Assist operations in rolling out procedures that use new process improvements
- Identify and assist operations with eliminating process
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable job experience
- Minimum of 3 years financial service operations experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience within in a Business Analyst and/or Project Management supporting role
KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED (technical skills, communication skills, customer focus, time management skills, independence, and accuracy)
- Experience with hedge fund, mutual fund, or transfer agency applications preferable
- Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
- Working knowledge of business processes, system development and process improvements
- A highly committed individual with a background in a problem solving, and project management in a financial service environment using Microsoft Project and SharePoint
- Related experience with back office workflow including, trade processing, accounting, reconciliation helpful
- Ability to lead testing projects
- Working knowledge of IT concepts and terminology, including but not limited to, .NET, SQL, HTML, basic Internet and client/server architectures, all Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint. Current TA Systems knowledge is a plus
- Analytical and organized, a time-management pro.
Are you interested or know someone that might be?
Please send resumes to Heather@ComplianceSearch.com.