Alice raises the take-home pay of working Americans. 156 million employees in the US are spending more and more of their budget on healthcare, childcare, and commuting. Alice uses software to add money to people’s paychecks when they spend on everyday items that are pretax eligible—with no forms, no math, no acronyms. When employers connect Alice to their payroll system, their workers keep more of what they rightfully earn, without any more work from HR. Alice is a true win-win-win. Employees take home more of what they earn, employers save on payroll taxes, and Alice is paid only from what employers save. No one pays for Alice out-of-pocket.
We’re a bright, diverse, and dedicated team solving hard problems. Our day-to-day work crosses cultures we are passionate about—venture backed-tech, government and regulators, employers and business owners, local communities, and working people. We take great pride in having team members from different backgrounds because we know that every voice matters.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and motivated professionals to join our sales team in New York City. Our BDRs are responsible for driving new business to the top of the sales funnel by educating potential customers about what Alice does. This is an opportunity for highly intelligent, driven and energetic individuals who want to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing startup. There is significant growth opportunity that comes with this role as Alice grows and develops.
As a Business Development Representative at Alice, you will be responsible for…
- Initiating relationships with prospective customers.
- Generating sales-ready meetings and opportunities for Account Executives.
- Researching accounts, identifying key players, and generating interest through cold discovery calling and email marketing campaigns.
- Building, prioritizing and qualifying account list within a defined vertical industry.
- Conducting high-level discovery calls to create maximum sales efficiency with meetings.
- Using active listening to uncover customer needs and market feedback.
- Consistently meeting or exceeding quota for meetings set and held within target industries.
- Using CRM and other sales technology tools to the fullest extent.
You’ll get to work directly with our repeat entrepreneur founders and the rest of the Alice team. Our team has experience from awesome places like Adobe, OnDeck and Lending Tree. We’re backed by notable investors like Bain Capital, Notation Capital, and Trinity Ventures.
Alice will make sure that you have what you need to do your job with excellence, including…
- A positive and supportive team that is committed to mutual growth, development, and practicing excellence.
- Health insurance, and we pay the vast majority of the monthly cost.
- A 401K system with an employer match.
- The best pretax spending software under the sun, i.e. Alice, which will put money into your paychecks for commuting and other pretax eligible spending.
- An unlimited vacation day policy – we don’t track vacation days, time-off, or sick days – as we trust and encourage the team to take the time they need for self-care & personal life.
THE PERFECT FIT
You’ll be a great fit for this role at Alice if…
- You’re on fire about the mission of giving working Americans a raise.
- You’ve worked in an early stage startup – ideally fintech or financial services – and loved the fast pace.
- You naturally use clean, clear communication when speaking and when writing.
- You have previous experience with sales or sales support (though this is not required)
- You have a strong desire to learn and succeed in tech sales.
- You are comfortable talking with prospective customers on the phone, and happy to handle objections and deal with difficult conversations.
- You have strong and clear writing skills, e.g. for emails.
- You have the ability to learn quickly, listen to feedback, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- You are very organized, and have a “go-getter” mentality.
- You have a natural knack for digital tools and systems.