Blackstone Alternative Asset Management – Direct Trading Operations, Associate-NY
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with approximately $440 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Blackstone Alternative Asset Management
Business Unit Description:
Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM®), Blackstone’s Hedge Fund Solutions platform, is the world’s largest discretionary investor in hedge funds, with approximately $77 billion in assets under management. BAAM manages a diversified set of businesses including a customized solutions business, a special situations platform, a hedge fund seeding business, an open-ended mutual fund platform and a business that purchases stakes in established alternative asset managers. In all of BAAM’s business lines, it carefully selects and partners with fund managers across a variety of asset classes and strategies to create solutions for its investors. Through its sharp focus on clients’ goals, a rigorous due-diligence process and access to Blackstone’s global insights, BAAM strives to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns across market cycles while preserving capital during stressed market environments.
Direct Trading Operations Associate
Blackstone’s BAAM Direct Investing (“DI”) group manages more than $8 billion of AUM in three funds, each of which has a unique structure, focusing on special situation and co-investment exposures across geographies and asset classes.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Working directly for the DI Head of Operations
- Coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of the funds, including:
- Working closely with the investment, accounting, operations, technology, tax, compliance and legal teams
- Performing tasks such as trade allocations, deal setup and structure, valuation, financial reporting, P&L and daily/monthly internal and external reporting
- Coordinating and managing senior management reporting for daily, weekly and monthly deliverables
- Preparing and maintaining platform budget and forecasting of platform revenues and expenses, including ability to run scenario analysis
- Identifying areas for process improvements and leading process improvement initiatives
- As part of the process improvement initiatives, helping assess technology needs for the platform and working closely with the technology team on scoping and implementation
- Building and maintaining relationships with key external hedge fund service providers and counterparties
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. We are specifically targeting candidates who have 3 to 7 years of relevant work experience within the hedge fund industry. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- A mix of accounting and hedge fund operations experience preferred
- Hedge fund experience across a range of strategies, including private and structured products
- Experience working with a combination of investment, accounting, operations, technology, tax, compliance and legal teams
- Strong communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to write effectively and create presentation decks
- A desire to work in a team environment often under pressure
- Strong delegation and team management skills
- Ability to manage several processes and projects at one time
- Strong excel skills (VBA preferred)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered “prefer not to say“). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.