The Business Development and Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Senior Business Development and Marketing Manager to support the Regulatory and Enforcement and Banking and Financial Services global groups and the following practices: Communications Regulatory, Environmental, FinTech Working Group, Government Strategies, Privacy and Cybersecurity and Transportation. The Coordinator is a central part of the team and is involved in a variety of projects including: entering and maintaining data in the Firm’s experience management system; assisting in the creation and maintenance of business development and marketing collateral for the group, including pitches and web materials; coordinating drafts of directory submissions and client references; coordinating activities to improve the profile of the practices involving outside organizations, such as sponsorships and other major events. S/He takes an active role in learning about these legal groups and developing the groups’ and the firm’s internal knowledge about its clients and business. The Business Development and Marketing Coordinator also works closely with the other Business Development and Marketing Managers and Specialists in different offices to coordinate marketing efforts. It is essential that the Coordinator is a self-starter, works across offices and works well in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
In coordination with the Senior Business Development and Marketing Manager and the Director of Business Development and Marketing:
- Works with certain practices listed above to prepare and coordinate year-in-review reports for use in various industry survey submissions, e.g., Chambers USA.
- Helps to develop and implement systems to acquire and manage representative experience in the Firm’s experience management system.
- Assists Business Development and Marketing Managers and/or lawyers in the preparation of client proposals and pitches, through formal RFP response processes as well as on an ad hoc basis.
- Works with the Senior Business Development and Marketing Manager and others to help maintain library of materials for pitches, proposals and RFP responses.
- Updates practice information on the Firm’s website and intranet site, as well as coordinates occasional republication in external venues.
- Helps write and edit draft practice group descriptions, lawyer biographies and client presentations to further develop the Firm’s business development opportunities.
- Helps conduct research on clients/prospective clients, industry research and occasional competitive intelligence to develop knowledge about our clients, their industries and legal needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email email@example.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university
- A minimum of two (2) years of business development and/or marketing related experience
- Demonstrated PC experience required: MS Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook
- Legal marketing (especially in the practices listed above) and/or strategic planning, sales, market assessment or positioning in other professional services industry
- Experience with InterAction (or other CRM program)
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management and other databases
- Familiarity with research tools such as Capital IQ and Manzama
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities