Work You’ll Do:
Perform audits of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS) to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as well as International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Oversee projects to audit internal controls for client organizations, as well as research on complex accounting and auditing issues. Under the supervision of upper management, guide the day-to-day operations of multiple audit engagements. Involved with legal, regulatory, and accounting issues that arise during audit engagements. Responsible for the supervision of staff and services to clients, which includes planning, budgeting and staffing. Assist upper management with overall project management for audit engagements. Prepare project proposals for engagements and ensure that accounting and auditing services are delivered consistent with client requirements and industry standards, as well as independence requirements. Participate in the issuance of client annual and interim reports and interact with clients to discuss field audit issues. Perform accounting research to solve issues that arise during the course of audit or compliance engagements.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Five years of accounting and auditing experience.
- Experience must include five years of:
- Participating in all aspects of audit engagements including planning, budgeting, supervising, reviewing, reporting, and client services;
- Performing technical research on complex accounting issues, including asset impairment and financial derivatives and the development of appropriate audit responses;
- Performing audits under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), SEC regulations, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Public
- Company Oversight Board (PCAOB), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) auditing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and International
- Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Utilizing advanced Excel tools including Pivot Tables, VLookup, and macros;
- Performing analytics on large financial data sets; and
- Supervising engagements, including full life cycle of audit, staffing, budgeting, and closing out projects, and mentoring junior team members.
- Experience must include four years of:
- Determining risk-based external audit procedures and current accounting and auditing guidelines.
- Must have CPA license or have passed all four parts of the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination.
- Position requires approximately 15% travel.