- Liaison between clients and the firm to ensure engagement objectives are met by all parties.
- Oversee firm objectives (engagement economics) and manage firm resources to ensure that established goals are met.
- Provides guidance and experience to ensure that engagement risks are identified and appropriate responses (including specific audit steps) are taken.
- Be a mentor and develop associates by providing timely on-site reviews and providing feedback on associates’ performance
- Facilitate resolutions on extremely complex audit and accounting issues
- Review financial reporting and ensure client deliverables are provided in a timely manner.
- Provides the engagement partner with timely status updates and communicates and involves the partner, if needed, in the resolution of any client issues as they arise.
- Begins to develop one or more areas of technical specialization and begin to serve as a technical consultant, both internally and externally
- Be a trusted advisor to a client and begins to identify opportunities for expanded services
- Develop outside relationships (professional, personal, etc.) with a goal to foster long-term business development opportunities.
- Perform other essential duties as needed.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead and develop A&A associates
- Dedication to development and enhancement of team environment.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Uncompromising integrity, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within required time constraints and deadlines.
- Superior client-serving skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in public accounting.
- Experience and passion to work with not-for-profit and education industry is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Governmental Auditing Standards and Single Audit requirements.
- Proficiency with personal computers including spreadsheet software programs, general ledger packages, computerized audit applications, and web search capabilities. Experience with Engagement is a plus.
EDUCATION and LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Masters preferred.
- Must be CPA certified and have an active CPA license.
- Frequent same day travel for work at clients’ offices using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients’ offices using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional obligations outside of the typical work day (i.e. breakfast or dinner meetings) to participate in relationship development activities.
- Able to work moderate overtime throughout the year with heavier overtime required during certain business cycles. Total estimated work hours are approximately 2380-2400 with annual charge hours (direct client work) expectations of 1650 – 1750 hours.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs