The Internal Audit function is focused on business value-added services. Audits and consulting engagements are selected based on enterprise risk or strategic importance to the firm and the Internal Audit Department is expected to make meaningful contributions to the firm’s operation.
What you’ll do:
- Develop risk management objectives and audit programs
- Complete operational, financial, and IT audits in accordance with the audit plan and professional standards
- Provide practical, value-added recommendations to improve governance, risk management and control practices.
- Prepare audit reports and present findings to the Audit Committee
- Assist in the administration of the Firm’s Enterprise Risk management program
- Provide consulting services to business management leading to improvements in the control environment;
- Manage co-sourcing staff
- Work on audits of strategic value to the firm
- Evaluate vendors as part of the vendor due diligence program
- 7+ years of experience in auditing or consulting
- Ability to analyze situations, draw appropriate conclusions, and make value-added recommendations
- Ability to lead change
- A strong sense of structure and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Knowledge of audit methodologies and standards
- Innovativeness with respect to audit department processes and processes under audit
- B.B.A. / B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Engineering required
- CPA, CISA, CIA, or CFA certification
- Process management skills
- An understanding of the investment management business, business processes and related risk implications.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, IT operations, and networks.
- Financial product knowledge, including knowledge of equities, swaps, futures, and OTC derivatives (equity, FX, interest rate)
- Knowledge of the enterprise / operational risk management discipline
- Project management skills