This position will perform bottom-up fundamental equity research with a focus on banking and another unrelated sector, for the purpose of making buy and hold recommendations across market capitalization ranges. This position is responsible for participating in research groups and other team-based projects and resides within Westwood’s US Value Team.
- Maintain research coverage on assigned sectors.
- Independently and thoughtfully conduct equity research by analyzing and forecasting financial statements, conducting industry and competitive analysis, and other methods of due diligence.
- Apply valuation analysis to fundamental models.
- Generate, develop, and present new investment ideas as well as monitor current investments for all active US Value strategies.
- Convey information verbally and through written notes and reports, including investment idea write ups and quarterly company updates.
- Conduct due diligence with company management and investor relations personnel.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree or MBA
CFA strongly preferred
Minimum Specific Experience Required:
5+ years equity research experience, with strong knowledge of the banking sector
- Portfolio management expertise
- Diverse industry-specific knowledge
- Risk management
- Distill information/data into actionable items
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong fundamental analytical skills.
- Exceptional detailed orientation and time management abilities, including problem solving skills.
- Seasoned and proven judgment and thought process in the field of research.
- Must be a team player with the ability to develop working relationships inside and outside the investment department.
- Consistent and strong investment performance.
- Advanced financial modeling and valuation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg.