The focus of this position is ensure that PSEG Nuclear’s need for legal services is fully met and will require effective coordination with attorneys in all Practice Groups within the Law Department. Specific responsibilities include advising and representing PSEG Nuclear with respect to a broad spectrum of issues relating to the nuclear business, including: commercial transactions involving nuclear equipment, services and fuel, licensing and enforcement, nuclear safety and regulatory compliance, employee concerns and related matters. Attorney will be expected to provide management with thoughtful analysis of legal/regulatory developments/trends and to recommend appropriate courses of action ahead of time in order to anticipate and protect against future issues/disputes. Attorney will not have direct management reporting responsibilities but will be expected to lead projects and teams as needed, including the supervision of outside counsel within budgetary constraints.
Required Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
- Undergraduate degree and JD degree from an accredited law school, and licensed to practice law in New Jersey or other relevant jurisdictions.
- At least 7 years of professional experience at a major law firm, corporation or the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, doing legal work primarily related to the nuclear power business.
- Must meet and maintain Nuclear’s requirements for Unescorted Plant Access.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and balance commercial/legal risks against business objectives to ensure timely and appropriate result/outcome.
- High business acumen and excellent commercial judgment.
- Experience in project management and complex assignments. Strong communication skills (verbal and written), analytical abilities, and the ability to think and write clearly.
- Experience working independently; ability to set priorities and to respond to changing demands from multiple sources.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
- JD degree from a leading law school.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or related field.
- Significant legal/technical experience in Nuclear industry is highly valued.
- Interested applicants should submit a transaction sheet with their resume.
- Demonstrated ability to work with regulators and stakeholders to achieve satisfactory business results