About this Opportunity
This attorney will be a member of DTCC Legal group, with a focus on providing legal and regulatory advice and guidance to DTCC’s central depository DTC, as well as the Finance and Treasury Group.
Business Unit: Counsel’s Office
The General Counsel’s Office is a valued, trusted and responsive partner within DTCC. The team promotes and protects the best interests of the DTCC family of companies by creating and facilitating solutions and providing guidance on legal and regulatory matters.
The Legal Department, a unit of DTCC’s General Counsel’s Office, is responsible for performing legal and regulatory functions for DTCC and its subsidiaries.What You’ll Do
- Operate independently as legal counsel to senior business leaders in DTCC’s clearing agencies.
- Identify and evaluate regulatory issues as they arise.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice in the development and structuring of new business initiatives.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice on risk issues, including issues regarding clearing agencies.
- Prepare and support rule filings and related regulatory submissions.
- Support work with client outreach efforts, such as member advisory councils.
- Support related audits and examinations.
- Represent the organization on industry committees and represent the interests of the organization in Industry initiatives and projects.
- Engage other members of the DTCC legal department and manage outside counsel as necessary in support of all of the above.
- Fosters a risk management culture through implementation and demonstration of processes and procedures which identify and mitigate risk
Sound Like You?
- A minimum of 10 years as a practicing attorney, with minimum 3 years training with a top tier law firm, financial services firm for financial services regulator
- J.D. from a top tier law school; admission to the New York Bar
Who We Are
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide. At DTCC we value on our clients’ interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.