DoorDash is building a world-class team that will drive the financial and operating strategy of the company. We’re looking for strategic thinkers who can model the future, set plans and goals across the organization, and collaborate effectively with teams to achieve them.
This is a key role on the Finance team as it builds best in class financial infrastructure and practices that will scale as the company grows. This role will require financial acumen and expert modeling skills to execute on the Finance team’s vision. The ideal candidate must combine financial and technical/analytical literacy with strong problem solving skills to build trust among the finance and business teams. The right candidate will have the unique opportunity to grow professionally and have a front row seat to strategic and tactical decision making.
What you’ll do
- Actionable Financial reporting – build corporate finance reports that support daily, weekly and monthly reporting cadences and review meetings that highlight key insights to facilitate decision making
- End-to-end analysis and reporting for key strategic projects – constantly improve visibility into performance of Company and business lines, iterate on forecasts and understand variance to actuals
- Sophisticated financial modeling – build models from scratch, refine existing models, and break down complex models into components
- Forecasting & Budgeting – work with functional business leads to plan and measure how resources are deployed, both at the company and department level. Define and track OKRs to ensure resources are efficiently allocated and aligned to support broader business objectives
- Build financial systems and process – support the building and implementation of financial systems and processes that help scale us from start-up to enterprise
- Innovate – we push the boundaries of traditional finance roles. Maintain a growth mindset and be ready to embrace new technical skills and challenges
- Special projects – new initiatives and opportunities always come up
- Expert Excel skills – your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive. You can handle complexity but strive for simplicity, and are able to build for all audiences. Best practices are second nature
- Strong Finance acumen, ability and experience to think about financial outcomes and to ensure each dollar is spent wisely
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Cross-functional relationships and effective communication to non-financial audiences are critical to make an impact
- Self-starter – you always look for ways to innovate and improve, and dont need to wait for people to tell you what to work on. You can’t help but ask what, why and how
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment- you thrive in dynamic environments and are able to operate with limited information and guidance at times
- Attention to detail meets high output – we need to do things quickly and we need to do them well
- An outstanding communicator with relationship-building skills – your friends would call you authentic, energetic, persuasive, and self-aware. You know when to listen, as well as when to speak up.
- 2 – 4 years in operational FP&A, strategic finance, corporate finance or investment banking at either a high-growth technology startup or well-established company
Nice to haves
- Experience with marketplaces, logistics, or supply-demand economics
- Experience working with accounting departments
- Basic SQL skills and/or capacity to ramp quickly – have the ability to identify, extract and manipulate large dataset to synthesize insights