Do you have strong knowledge of KYC / AML and would you like to have a say in the client acceptance of the bank’s largest and most complex clients?As Associate Compliance Officer, you will be part of the Compliance team that supports the bank’s Corporate & Institutional Banking business. The team provides guidance and advice on the full range of Compliance topics and monitors the business’ adherence to the regulatory and policy requirements.The position available in the team reviews the KYC / client acceptance files prepared by the Corporate & Institutional Banking business, to assess compliance / client integrity risks, including money-laundering, sanctions, bribery & corruption and tax evasion. In addition, you will contribute to various activities and projects aimed at improving the maturity of compliance risk management by the business in the aforementioned topics.
- You will review KYC / client acceptance files prepared by the Corporate & Institutional Banking business, to assess compliance / client integrity risks, including money-laundering, sanctions, bribery & corruption and tax evasion.
- You will provide advice to the business as to the acceptability of the clients. At onboarding stage, during periodic reviews and for event-driven reviews.
- You will attend and participate in Client Acceptance committee meetings to explain Compliance advice / viewpoints to the business.
- You will provide ad-hoc advice and guidance to the business on AML/Client Acceptance related matters.
- You will liaise with other experts within Compliance and other functions (e.g. Legal, Tax, Sustainability) in providing appropriate advice to the business.
- You will assist in the effective review and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- You will participate in projects and initiatives.
- You will provide training and support to the business to continuously enhance awareness and understanding of AML and client integrity related risks and regulations.
Your working environment:
This role forms part of the CIB Compliance team, a team of 18 professionals with a variety of backgrounds, skill sets and nationalities. For approximately half the team, the main focus is on Client Acceptance and AML, including this vacant role.ABN AMRO’s Compliance department has a common goal: helping to build the trust of our clients, society and ABN AMRO staff, and therefore of our regulators and other stakeholders. It is our attitude, skills and knowledge which are key in reaching our goal to contribute to trust in ABN AMRO.Creating space for dreams and ambitions. Driven by passion, guided by expertise. That is the starting point in all that we think and do. This begins with a shared mind-set. Our compliance experts understand our business, products and clients and add value through a good relationship with all stakeholders. A continuous changing environment demands agility of our compliance experts: proactive adaptations, learning and improving. We operate independently and decisively, act as a sparring partner and are focused on solutions.The Compliance department monitors, identifies, analyses, assesses, reports and advises on compliance risks to which the bank may be exposed. Compliance serves as the point of contact for regulators (AFM, DNB, etc.) in a number of areas, including Cybercrime, Customer Focus and preventing abuses of our financial system such as money laundering and terrorist financing.
You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You enjoy working as part of a team and are good at working with others. You have a high level of self-knowledge and want to keep on developing and improving. You are change-orientated and like working in a sector that is constantly evolving. Finally, you have keen analytical skills enabling you to get to the heart of a problem quickly and draw the appropriate conclusions. You are able to put things into perspective.
- You have knowledge and understanding of the role of Compliance as a 2nd line function.
- You have at least 2 years compliance-related experience in the financial services sector.
- You have the ability to clearly explain regulatory compliance risks.
- You have a Master’s degree in Business, Law or other relevant field.
- You have strong knowledge of rules and regulations and bank policies on AML/CTF and Sanctions.
- You have direct experience with review of KYC/CDD files. Preferably for large corporate and institutional clients / complex client files with an international dimension.
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English
- You are aware of and interested in the complex and international business environment in which our clients operate.