A global consumer, corporate and investment bank that offers a wide array of products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management seeks an Anti-Money Laundering (AMC) Compliance Professional.
Overall Purpose of role
The AML compliance professional will be responsible for Quality Assurance of the investment bank, corporate bank, and credit card division.
The Assurance professional will be responsible for executing assurance reviews on product, geographic and functional lines as directed by Global Leads and/or Regional Heads. The Assurance professional will provide assurance across all Financial Crime areas.
By executing assurance work, the Financial Crime Assurance role holder will contribute to the development of Financial Crime capability by constructively challenging its on-going effectiveness and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
The position entails conducting assurance activities of financial crime processes within the firm. The role requires: interacting with business, operations, compliance, infrastructure areas and other risk functions; assessing the design and operating effectiveness of systems and controls to mitigate financial crime risk; and driving remediation actions to close identified gaps.
Your Role (Key Accountabilities)
- Assist review leads (as applicable) with planning and execution of Design Effectiveness and Operating Effectives testing by uniformly applying the methodology and quality standards, focusing the work on key Financial Crime regulations and risks.
- Execution of fieldwork and documentation of results; assisting the Assurance Review Lead in drafting of the compliance report and provide input into the content of the report; confirm that the report meets the minimum requirements per the FCAT methodology.
- Actively contribute to the effective operation and conduct of the Americas Assurance Team by providing constructive suggestions and sharing observations to help continuously improve the team’s output.
- Provide feedback to the manager and team members with progress on issues and observations identified and raised during an assurance assignment.
- Display professional skepticism, raising and discussing contentious observations with management and substantiate all issues identified with supporting information to positively influence management’s handling of the issues raised.
- In partnership with other areas of Financial Crime, investigate issues (actual or perceived) as directed by Global Leads and/or Regional Heads.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Operational Risk Framework and internal Policies and Standards.
- Effectively manage stakeholder relationships across Businesses to foster a collaborative approach to protecting Financial Crime risks.
- Proposing action plans to address root causes and drive remediation actions to close identified gaps.
- Through engagement with Financial Crime and the business, play an active role in sharing ‘what good looks like’, poor practices and lessons learned during assurance review assignments
Basic Qualifications/Skills (Must be quantifiable)
- Bachelor’s degree preferable
- 3-5 years of experience in Financial Crime, Compliance, Audit or Legal
- Excellent interpersonal skills.Confident and positive individual able to communicate with clarity and purpose both in written and verbal formats.
- Strong writing skills; Ability to present information clearly and in a manner that is appropriate and tailored for the targeted audience
- Have experience in Compliance, Financial Crime and/or internal audit (or equivalent).
- Display professional skepticism, raising and discussing contentious observations with management and adapting their style, as necessary.
- Provide suggestions to Financial Crime Management as to how they can address control issues raised and/or non-compliance to policy.
- Ability to communicate hard messages so they land effectively and are acted upon.
- Individual with relevant regulatory experience.Understanding of the regulatory environment with particular focus on financial crime risk.
- Proactive, ability to demonstrate well-considered judgments and anticipated emerging risks.
- Knowledge of Financial Crime “best practices.”
Please email resume to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com