Robinhood is changing the way America invests. We believe our financial system should work for everyone and not just a few. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies—all in one, user-friendly platform. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve enabled millions of people to participate in the markets, cementing us as the fastest-growing brokerage ever.
About the Role
As a core member of our Android team, you’ll directly impact the lifeline of the business by improving our award winning Android app. You’ll own major features, working closely with our design team to make Robinhood the very best it can be.
What sets us apart:
- Truly mobile-first environment, with an award-winning Android app
- Work directly with our CEO and VP of Product Engineering
- Shape the future of our Android team
- Work with our award-winning design team
- You’re intimately familiar with the lifecycle intricacies of Android components
- You have strong design intuition and user empathy
- You stay on top of Android news including new open source libraries and best practices
- You love writing custom Views, ViewGroups, and new UX interactions
- You actively write unit tests for new code
- You write highly performant code and know how to performance tune Android apps
- You’re self-driven to improve the app and codebase above and beyond what’s outlined in the spec
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in CS
- You actively use Robinhood and are interested in finance
- You have experience building, maintaining, or otherwise contributing to open source projects
- You are familiar with Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger 2, and other libraries in our tech stack
- Dagger 2
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.