ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the various cost allocations for Stephens related companies (this includes company level, department level, and account level allocations). This includes an annual analysis of the method of allocation as well as the system setup to accomplish the task.
- Responsible for analysis and accuracy of statistical information used for cost allocations
- Responsible for maintenance of Chameleon (reporting software used for financial statements and management portals)
- Lead of monthly preparation of departmental and firm forecast/budget, special forecast reports as requested by management and interfacing with department heads to gather data needed to produce monthly or annual forecast/budget.
- Monthly allocation of inter-office commission (drag). This process gives part of the commission from individual trades back to the areas that were responsible for running the trades, based on various variables including market, capacity and office.
- Monthly allocation of Stephens-owned company airplane charges to various departments in the firm based on individual usage. Also, process billing for personal plane usage.
- Monthly reconciliation of various Stephens related companies’ profit sharing expense accrual based on data received from Human Resources to the general ledger. If percentage is changed at year end, responsible for various reports to management showing the impact on financial statements.
- Analysis of allocations that are charged to other related companies.
- Allocate the following monthly charges among departments as needed: data processing items from stock, cell phone equipment from stock and new employee mugs and tumblers.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and documenting business transactions.
- Monthly analysis of various departmental financial statements as assigned by management, including preparation of footnotes for management.
- Monthly analysis of various revenue and expense accounts as assigned by management.
- Weekly reconciliation of brokerage system suspense accounts used for weekly reserve computation.
- Assists in monthly maintenance of RMOL (Record Management On-line, records retrieval software)
- Work directly with the external auditors to insure they have required information to complete the audit of the firm, and respond to questions that they might have
- Ability to work under extensive time constraints. Due to deadlines imposed by management, regulatory agency filing, yearend audits and regulatory exams, this limits when this position may take vacation.
- Special projects requested by management.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook E-mail and the Internet. Ability to learn and utilize other industry specific software.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
10-key by touch
Microsoft Excel, 10 key, and Alpha Numeric