What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Wealth Management Center Manager
Job Description Summary
Within their assigned geographic area, responsible for ensuring the attainment of the Wealth Management Group (WMG) market growth, productivity and profitability goals through the development of an effective market strategy, integrated team structure and measurable personal goals. Manages, supports and guides licensed selling professionals in the assigned geographic area with the onboarding, development, and retention of all client relationships to include the identification and evaluation of loans and deposits business opportunities, trust/fiduciary, and investment management opportunities. Ensures the existence of proactive relationship plans and sales management practices that maximize the profitable and client development potential of the assigned area. This role does not have personal responsibility for individual production. Focuses on policy and strategy implementation for short-term results (1 year or less). Problems faced are difficult to moderately complex. Establishes operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the job function. Focus is on short to mid-term operational plans. Provides measurable input to new products, processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall function results.
Essential Job Functions
1. In support of the overall WMG strategic direction develops, recommends, and executes a detailed business plan with goals and objectives for assigned geographic area.
2. Provides WMG leadership by closely aligning with CBD regions and provides a direct relationship with regional and branch leaders from the CBD to help ensure successful implementation and communication of WMG strategies and products.
3. Implements procedures to ensure the continuous business practice of maintaining an active program of calling on clients and prospects to achieve new business and client retention objectives.
4. Oversees the appointment of licensed selling professional to new and existing clients.
5. Builds and maintains internal partnerships with CBD, SME (BBOs, BBC, SBA), CBG, and all SME’s within Wealth Mgmt, i.e., Global Investment Mgmt and Fiduciary Services, Ultra High Net Worth, Philanthropy Consulting and others to grow BOW Client and investments/deposits.
6. Represents BOW Wealth Management as primary WMG contact for all external entities. Represents WMG to local media and participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within designated geographic area.
7. Establishes, communicates and achieves service goals and standards, ensuring communication and comprehension by all staff within designated geographic area.
8. Prepares periodic reports as needed, implements strategic direction and ensures region is both poised for and achieves success.
9. Coaches, evaluates and develops all licensed selling professionals; coaches in areas of relationship management, sales, client service, professional development and Wealth Management fundamental skills, products and services.
10. Responsible for the recruitment, development, coaching, counseling, discipline, writing and administering performance reviews in a timely manner and retention of assigned team members.
11. Manages the performance management of team members by conducting regular staff meetings and coaching sessions with team members to communicate information, recognize successes, discuss challenges and provide forum for team members to discuss pertinent issues.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School – Not Applicable
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, related field – Required
· Required License(s) series 7, 65/66 & Insurance
· Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area. Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
· Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Advanced knowledge of all consumer and business services and products for high net worth individuals and related businesses.
· Thorough understanding of financial planning concepts, including trust/estate planning, tax planning, investments, insurance and custom credit.
· Requires knowledge of FINRA and SEC rules and regulations.
· Expertise managing budgets and financial reporting.
· Demonstrated analytical and research skills. Bank product and service knowledge.
· Demonstrated negotiation, planning and organizational skills.
· Ability to use PC and various systems, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
· Excellent communication skills to include presentation, verbal and written with solid time and project management ability.
· Must have a collaborative spirit and strong relationships with fellow team members.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer – Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.